dashboard preferences problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brsboarder, Jun 2, 2005.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Well, I installed wikity widget on arrival of tiger and quickly deleted all the originaly notes. Well, now I want them back. I deleted the widget and deleted the playlist in the preferences. Yet, when I go to reinstall it, it somehow finds the notes I had on there. How do I get it back to it's total original state?

2. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anybody? Basically, where does dashboard hide all of the information it gets? I tried using spotlight, but that didnt work.

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

Everything should be in plist files in /Library/Preferences or ~/Library/Preferences

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I have a lot of widget preference files just where admanimal says: ~/Library/Preferences (remember ~/ is your home folder).

At the bottom of that folder there are lots of widget-com.maker.widgetname.plist files, like: widget-com.apple.widget.dictionary.plist and widget-com.jokkedk.widget.showoff.plist

Look for it among those... or is that what you called the playlist...? If so, did you empty trash after trashing the plist...?

5. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

can someone please test this for me or something? still havent been able to figure it out. Or, if someone could show me the instructions for using wikitywidget that would be great, can't find them online

7. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok, last beg for help, can someone copy/past the help text in here?

8. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

9. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a