Dashboard sans tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Switzermac, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Switzermac macrumors regular

Do you know if it is possible to run dashboard in osx 10.3.9, i have tiger but it just interests me.

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

3. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

wow! so basically panther users can dl those tiger widgets from apple.com and run em' on their desktop no prob... makes less incentive to go tiger eh?

4. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Wow! Amnesty's great, even on Tiger. Once more and more Dashboard widgets appear, there's no need for Konfabulator. :) Only problem is no flip animations, and some fonts are a little messed up...

5. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Oh, I don't know about that - as you're probably aware, Tiger has a lot of "under-the-hood" improvements over Panther. I'd personally still upgrade to Tiger, though I'd definitaly give this a try in machines where it is unfeasible, time-consuming, or otherwise not worth it to install it: non-FireWire G3s running Panther, AIO or laptops with CD-ROMS ('cuz I'm lazy and cheap and wouldn't pay for the DVD for CD exchange for Tiger), and so forth. This could really be fun with a system that used XPostFacto to install Panther, too, since I don't *think* XPostFacto has yet been updated for Tiger...

6. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

Of course not! Wait, your joking... Right?

I would recommend Tiger without Dashboard and even without Spotlight too. Tiger probably has more than 400 major enhancements that I find it hard to live without.