dashboard thingy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by holamiamigos, Feb 3, 2007.

1. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

ok so i was playing around with the MBPs at compusa and when i went to the dashboard all the widgets came in from the left instead of the middle... you guys know what i mean???? so how do can i switch it?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea mine does that too....i too would like to know this

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I think it has to do with where the widgets are located on your dashboard. If they are a little bit left from the center, then they will come in and go out from the left. The only time a widget comes in from the middle is if it is exactly in the center of the screen. The same goes for if the widget is placed on the right, top, or bottom. Try it out.

4. holamiamigos thread starter macrumors 6502a

these widgets were spread around the whole screen so it has to be a setting somewhere

5. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

This can happen when you have more than one display. On the occasions I've plugged my MBP into an external display, and have set the external to be the primary display, extending onto the MBP on the left, the dashboard widgets fly in from the left onto the primary display (as if coming from the MBP). Have you ever had more than one display running on this machine? If you've recently unplugged a second display the dashboard may retain the setting until you restart the computer (or restart the dashboard itself, which is more complicated).

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

My friend has dual screens and it always comes in from the left.

But if the widgets are spread around the whole screen, then I don't know.