dashboard translator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dorqiekat, Jan 18, 2006.

1. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if this is just me. For the first time, I decided to use dashboard. Anyway, what I really can't live without are post-its and translators. But the translator in dashboard takes about 1 min before translating. Is this normal?

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I tried to use mine today and it was very slow. I'm not sure if it took a minute, but it at least took 25 seconds. I don't remember it always being this slow, though.

3. dorqiekat thread starter macrumors 6502a

interesting, that can't be good. I got rid of all my language thing with monolingual or something like that. And I didn't think twice. Now I can't use Sherlock. :mad:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Don't worry, it doesn't have anything to do with the languages installed on your computer. It translates using software on the Systran servers (internet :p ) and recently they've been having trouble which is why so many people are noticing terrible translation times.

5. dorqiekat thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorry, the widget or sherlock?

6. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I hope the upgrade the servers then, it is one of the few widgets that I think actually benefits from being a widget as opposed to a web page or normal app. The only reason I hadn't run into this is because it doesn't do Danish:mad:. Got to find me a translator that does.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry, both. I should have been more specific. :)