Dashboard Weather Hates Me

Discussion in 'macOS' started by QFace, Apr 29, 2005.

1. QFace macrumors member

QFace

The weather widget for dashboard hates me. Hard core.

All of my widgets work, and can connect to the internet. When I press the "i" to flip the weather widget over, type in "Berkeley, CA" into the box and press enter, I get "No cities found". I tried more well known cities, same thing. Zip codes don't work either. Anybody know what is going on?

Also, with the tile game, how do I get it to mix up the tiles... I've tried clicking the image, I've tried holding the mouse down on the image, but nothing works.

Dashboard Hates Me!

2. adam1185 macrumors regular

heh, try just typing in your city name and not a state or anything else.

for the puzzel game all you should have to do is click it and it'll keep mixing up the pieces until you click it again, make sure the little dashboard dock is away as well.

3. QFace thread starter macrumors member

QFace

Tried that too... computers officially hate me!!!!!
    In the past year, I've had four laptops break on me... and this apple isn't perfect either (the logic board needs to be replaced so it will work with an analog external monitor.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Try re-starting. One of the Powerbooks in the Apple store was doing that last night (pre 6pm) and one of the staff just restarted it.

5. QFace thread starter macrumors member

QFace

Tried restarting the computer... also tried completely shutting the computer down, then turning it back on...

Nothing.

I even tried repairing permissions, just for the hell of it.

Nothing.

6. QFace thread starter macrumors member

QFace

Answer

For all that are interested, I found the answer on another forum.

The problem is caused by when automatic proxy configuration is enabled. I had this enabled for Britannica, but for some reason it didn't allow the weather widget to access Accuweather.

I simply disabled the configuration in system preferences... I use firefox and have the configuration enabled in that program, allowing me to use Britannica, and it doesn't affect the weather widget.