Dashboard Widget Fonts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kretzy, Sep 14, 2005.

1. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Hi guys,

I noticed this moring that some of the fonts in my Dashboard widgets and been enlarged from their usual size. :confused: I haven't knowingly changed any settings. Has this happened to anyone else? If so is there some way I can fix it, because I find it irritating.

Thanks for any help! ;)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. Maybe just delete the specific widget's preferences. I recommend you use Spotlight to find them. :)

3. kretzy thread starter macrumors 604

kretzy

I still haven't been able to fix this problem. Has anyone get any ideas?

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Seems to be a font problem. Have you recently installed any new fonts or maybe deleted some old ones. If not there's still the chance that some fonts have been damaged. Use Font Book to look for disabled/damaged fonts. Also a good old repairing of permissions have never hurt any Macs.

My Dictionary widget uses a serif font (like Times) while yours use an sans serif font (like Arial), which makes me suspect there's some trouble.

5. kretzy thread starter macrumors 604

kretzy

My Dictionary widget used to use a Times like font, but when it enlarged the font also changed. I haven't knowingly installed/deleted/changed any of the fonts on computer. How can I check for damaged or disabled fonts in Font Book. I'll try to repair permissions also.

Thanks for you help!

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Disabled fonts are usually gray, and if you turned them off they normally are marked "Off", too. ;)

To see if the fonts are OK, select all fonts (cmd-A) and use File -> Validate Fonts.

Also Edit -> Resolve Duplicates may help if there are issues with several versions of the same font.

7. kretzy thread starter macrumors 604

kretzy

I've checked out my font book, no fonts are off and I validated and resolved duplicates. This hasn't fixed anything unfortunately. Would it be the recent Java update that has done this?

8. kretzy thread starter macrumors 604

kretzy

Ok, this is really starting to annoy me. It makes dashboard look frumpy and ugly!

Can any of you geniuses out there give me some advice?