Dashboard with Sound Effects!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GodBless, Apr 17, 2005.

1. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

Imagine Dashboard with sound effects. For example as soon as you flip over a weather widget and the current condition is thunder you hear thunder. If it is night you hear crickets or an owl. If it is a full moon you hear a wolf howl. As soon as you put a widget on the dashboard you hear a water splashing sound with the ripple or instead maybe if it is a stock widget you hear people shouting and a bell ringing. Sounds cool doesn't it? :cool:

200th post.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Yes. Imagine this in an office or corporate environment. [​IMG]

3. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

Well sure. But if there was an option to turn on/off (and/or regulate) the dashboard volume separate from the system volume then it would work well. ;)

4. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

That'd be one freaky OS! I think that I'd probably be fine with it during the day, but at night, ooo that'd be creepy.

They could bring this sort of thing into the OS, like they had Platinum sounds in the Classic Mac OS.
    -Chase

5. The Black Rock macrumors regular

These kind of sound effects already exist on Windows programs of all sorts. It's annoying as hell. I hope that there will be no sounds at all, or if there are, they are off by default.