Dashlane 4 Debuts With Revamped Look, Five New Languages

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 14, 2016.

1. MacRumors
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Popular password management service Dashlane today announced a major update, introducing Dashlane 4 for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. Dashlane 4 features a revamped design with a simplified, intuitive user interface that provides a consistent usage experience across multiple browsers and devices.

Every part of the app, from the sign-in screen to the option to add a new credit card or password, has been redesigned in an effort to make it more convenient to use. There are new list/grid views, new sorting options, and improved button and header labeling. A "Quick Actions" function makes it quicker to find data through an in-app search field, and Dashlane's automatic Password Changer feature now supports an additional 300 websites.

[​IMG]
    Dashlane's apps are also being updated with full support for five new languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, and Japanese.

[​IMG]

Dashlane's password management service is free when used on a single device like a Mac or iPhone, but to sync passwords between multiple devices, users need a Dashlane Premium account that is priced at $39.99 per year.

Dashlane for Mac can be downloaded from the Dashlane website or from the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

Dashlane for iOS devices can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Dashlane 4 Debuts With Revamped Look, Five New Languages

2. SSD-GUY
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

3. ck2875
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

ck2875

Well that makes it pretty easy to choose 1Password

4. naeS1Sean
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

I've always loved Keeper. I really like how you can sign in on their website an don't have to buy a Mac version...

5. TechGuy327
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

TechGuy327

You can also purchase
    There are different plans. $39.99 for 1 year, $79.99 for 3 years, and $99.99 for 5 years. Only the $39.99 can be purchased from the app.

6. morcutt11
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

morcutt11

Really? I use/own both and prefer Dashlane hands-down. The $40/year is worth it.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 14, 2016 ---
    Actually, these password management applications are only really useful if you are keeping all eggs in one basket. That, in fact, is the whole point.

7. redbeard20
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

For non-power users like me, I still think clipperz.com is the best... free and open-source.

8. Penderworth
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Penderworth

Unless it's a very secure basket.

9. AppleInLVX
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

Been using 1Password for years. They've never given me a reason to consider anything else. Great software, fair price. I'd have bought their iteration for 1Password 6 happily, but they offer it as a free upgrade. Awesome company.

10. NufSaid
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

NufSaid

Except the pricing for 1password is VERY high and they update yearly.
    https://agilebits.com/store

(Odd how hard it is to find the pricing for 1Password).

I have 1Password and Lastpass and LOVE Lastpass - great price as well.

11. dBeats
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

dBeats

Dashlane is such a more polished experience overall then 1Password. I synced my devices during the free trial and now all devices have the same info. If I change a password, I just have to update on my other devices, doesn't happen very often. I'm considering buying the subscription as I really do like it.

12. CarlJ
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

CarlJ

The thing is, I've done a lot of reading in the past on encryption and the various password apps, and I trust 1Password. Any other app has a lot of work ahead of it to get me to trust it more than 1Password.

13. ck2875
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

ck2875

I just looked through my iTunes receipts. I bought the iOS version on 12/17/2012 for $7.99, and the Mac App Store version of the OS X version on 11/28/2011 for $24.99, and I have been receiving free updates since then.

In sum, I've spent $33 on 1password and received over 3 years of support and upgrades (I'll go with 2012 as a point of reference since Dashlane is free on one device but you have to pay to sync).

14. IHelpId10t5
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

I disagree. Yes, Dashlane has a more colorful web-like interface if that's more important to you. However, once you have used both you quickly realize that 1Password's minimal interface is very responsive, feels like a native application in every way, and uses every native security feature of the OSs that it runs on. Dashlane on the other hand is very sluggish in responding, always feels like a non-native web application, and gets in the way more.

I've used both and really wanted to like Dashlane and it's slick looks. But, I abandoned it within a week and would honestly pay twice as much as they already charge for 1Password. The fact that people want their password manager to be free boggles my mind! Encryption, security, cloud, and the web are not things that are easy to do in a secure way. Therefore, I'll gladly pay 1Password if it allows them to keep top developers and security professionals on staff to support and improve a great product that is entrusted with my information.