Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2005
or get a STraight talk at&t sim and get unlimited hspa+ 4G data for $45 month ($27 a month if you buy 3 month 3 packs from some ebay sellers). I used 9GB last month and average 10mb/sec. used to have a problem with throttling but use Hotspot VPN and now never have a problem at all. they just discontinued these sims at walmart so you better act fast to get the remaining ones on ebay!

ronkuba

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
I was doing this with a verizon iphone 5 and lte worked great. My question, I plan to buy the unlocked version of the 5s and want to try the samething with AT&T, does this work with them. I heard that with AT&T the lte doesn't stick and it drops down to 4g, is this true. Thanks for your help

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
I haven't been using this for a while so I can't say if AT&T LTE works, the 4G worked great when I was using it.

ronkuba

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Update on this. AT&T LTE working great on my verizon lte 5s. No problems at all. Works after reboot also. Can't beat 3gb $30:)

Schism213

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Has anyone tried this lately? I'm gonna be trying a postpaid T-Mobile ipad sim in Verizon iPhones 6s+.

icdb

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
New York, NY
Works with either T-Mobile or AT&T data only sim. Nothing will change in the foreseeable future.

over here, using the unlock.co website—
working: at&t unltd data sim in iphone xs.
(using at&t broadband apn)
not working: t-mobile 200mb free-for-life data sim in iphone xs.
(using any of the three t-mobile apn’s)

help getting t-mobile sim working, anyone please? no answer from admin at address given. thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.