DataBahn - BroadBand for Mac's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by DataBahnMN, Jun 26, 2004.

1. DataBahnMN macrumors newbie

I hope I'm posting in the right place. I just wanted to tell the MAC users all about the new service coming that will give MACs incredible BroadBand speeds. I just want to open discussions and answer questions. You can go to my website and read about it if you wish. I don't mind having discussions here as well.

Would 3Mps DL, and 512UL Interest you? ANYWHERE...

In-Motion - Now you can be mobile and have Satellite TV, Internet, and VoIP ANYWHERE...

Coming Soon!

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Mac not MAC.;)

I own an Xbox, will Xbox live work with this service? Is it US only?

It does look very useful. ;)

3. netytan macrumors 6502

netytan

4. DataBahnMN thread starter macrumors newbie

DataBahn In Canada?

It should work with X-Box, I don't see why it wouldn't. I Own a gaming center www.NorthLANgaming.com. I understand what your asking. The Satellite Latency MIGHT be an issue for playing games. I know with KA, it tests about 300-400ms of latency.

DataBahn in Canada, I can only say that Don't rule it out. I know a lot more but can't say at this time....

www.NewTechConcepts.com

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Sounds very very cool, but how would it work? Sorry, I didn't have time to browse through your entire site, only a part of it. How does a customer pick up an internet signal if they're mobile using In-Motion?

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Double my upload for $25 more per month? Sorry, I'll pass :rolleyes:

7. DataBahnMN thread starter macrumors newbie

DataBahn for MACs

Now mind you that Satellite Internet is only focused for the people that can't get cable, or DSL. It's that same people that are interested in Direct Way, or StarBand. But you do the math...Direct Way - StarBand - both about 500-800KpsDL- 100Kps UL for $50/mo. DataBahn 3MgsDL - 512KpsUL for about the same. Thats Fixed Dish. Then the In-Motion gives you the same as the Fixed Dish but Mobile - Internet - TV - VoIP all on one antenna. It's not for everyone... Can use any platform, and no restrictions on DL data like the others... Its kind of cool...

8. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

Are people allowed to plug things on this site? This seems like Spam.

And this messsage appears to be going to MAC users. Wow, if you have a Media Access Control adress, this is perfect!

This may be the wrong board to post it on, because everyone who uses a network, has a MAC adress.

9. DataBahnMN thread starter macrumors newbie

Where to post?

My intentions are purely conversational...Where should I post so I don't get into trouble? No sales at this time can be made. I just want to get the word out. I ran into a MAC user and he told me to come here to tell everyone about this new product. Every time I tell the MAC users out there of what is coming there mouth drops. Anyway, where should I post?

10. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Again, it's Mac not MAC.

:)

11. DataBahnMN thread starter macrumors newbie

Please Educate me...

So what is MAC?

It works with Mac but Not MAC Branded?

Please Educate me...

12. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Don't worry about it--- I was just giving you a hard time...people on this site get worked up when they see Macintosh abbreviated as MAC not Mac. I know this wasn't your intention-- just giving you some ribbing. :)

13. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

:D MAC is Media Access Control as in MAC address of some hardware in a network, Mac is Macintosh, as in Macintosh. :)

cheers

14. jbrjake macrumors member

"MAC" is, as someone higher up in the thread already explained, an acronym for "Media Access Control", the chip on every ethernet/wifi card that identifies it uniquely on a network (actually, on any network). If your router uses DHCP, it is the MAC address of the network interface cards that lets the router keep track of all the computers to which it has distributed IP addresses. Every computer on the internet has a MAC address, which is why when you use the term "MAC" on the internet, you should expect people to infer you are discussing Media Access Control, just as you should expect people to infer you are discussing Internet Protocol when you use the term "IP", even though it can be argued that there are other acryonyms using those letters, like "Intellectual Property". Unless otherwise stated, it is normal for people to interpret an acronym at its most universal--and there's nothing more universal to the net than its basic standards and protocols. Thus, "MAC"=="Media Access Control" trumps "MAC"=="I forgot to take the caps lock off and I mean Macintosh computers", even on a Mac forum.

"Macintosh" is a kind of computer, renowned for its ease of use, whose name comes from a kind of apple, and is sometimes abbreviated "Mac".

"MAC" is always in caps because it is an acronym. "Mac" is never in caps besides its first letter, because it is a proper noun.

15. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

16. DataBahnMN thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

WOW...

Thanks for the little tid bit on MAC's vs. Mac's...

It’s all fruity to me. :D

I apologize for using the wrong terminology.

I love Mac's, easy to use, and great for graphic design.

But I do use a PC For all business networking. I guess it's one the things that we have in common. IBM PC's, and Mac's have MAC address...

Did I do that right?

17. DataSatPlus macrumors newbie

DataSatPlus

Get a Mac!! : )

Jim, dude.. stop causing problems with my Mac colleagues! your out of your element. Until you get a Mac, I wouldn't get on the Mac forum and start spouting off about using Windows in your business. I prefer to run my business on a stable and virus free architecture any day.

Just so everyone knows, DataBahnMN is a good guy and he just doesn't know any better. So do not flame him to bad : )... ahh.. go ahead, he needs it!

Cheers

John

www.datasatplus.com

www.factsplus.com