Date of 21" and date of 27" release?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JohnDory, Nov 24, 2012.

1. macrumors member

JohnDory

What do we think? 31st November for the 21' and 32nd December for the 27'?

WHat's history for Apple after such a call? Tuesday? Last day of month? On time?

Surely this is a catastrophe for Apple. With iDevices selling through the roof, you can't (or wouldn't want to) buy the cornerstone of their product line. Either there is something seriously wrong; or Apple are delaying release to minimise returns based on purchase date. What a mistake it would be if the latter were true.

2. macrumors regular

I am guessing (and partly hoping) for

Next Tuesday order for 21,5" iMac and preorder for the 27" iMac

I just really hope that the 27" will get here before christmas...

3. macrumors regular

There's a big, iMac shaped space beneath my tree :D

4. macrumors 6502

Well supposedly they are already on their way to distribution hubs, my guess is that apple wanted to make them available as soon as they arrive, so if its still on track next week surely.

5. macrumors 65816

32nd of December might be off by a few days

6. macrumors regular

Kroner

I think you either need to check your calender or change it.:p

7. thread starter macrumors member

JohnDory

Really? I'm glad to hear supposed distribution. And, that it must again be a Tuesday. So if not this Tuesday, then it is definitely delayed (and Apple have problems, not just bad marketing).

8. macrumors member

Where did you hear that?

9. macrumors member

Alfred.Woodden

And this is thread number ∞ regarding this topic.

Its gonna come next week, now stop worrying.

10. macrumors regular

Even of it will come on 30.11.12 I think it is still **** that Apple mentioned November. They should have said rnd of November cause everyone I waiting for it.

Not cool at all Apple,

11. macrumors 6502a

If they said end of November, the most impatient of people would have bought something else.

12. macrumors member

Fona at Fisketorvet, a danish Apple reseller, are now taking pre-orders in store for both the 21,5 and 27". They guarantee delivery in mid-December. I asked one from their staff how they could do this, when not even Apple are taking pre-orders, but he said Apple had allowed him to do so. Another reseller, Humac, have received new posters promoting the new iMacs. I just can't wait to get my hands on the 27"! (That's what she said...)

13. macrumors 6502

It was mentioned by Insider who were quoted after that French Webpage spread the rumor the Imac would be delayed until 2013.

14. macrumors 6502a

that is good news, I'll be very happy if apple do an itunes 11, on the new imacs!

15. Oui
    macrumors 6502

His Mothers best friends, daughters, cousins, friends, dad, knows this guy and he...

16. macrumors 68030

forty2j

Looking like Nov 27 and Dec 18. I'd love to see that December date pulled in a bit but...

17. macrumors member

21'' on 27-30 November with shipments of 2/3 weeks, then 14-21 December and 21-28 December for 27'' with 2/3 weeks for shipping, then mid-January 2013, or more

18. macrumors 6502a

I thought it was his college roommate's hairstylist's neighbor...

19. macrumors 6502

With issue of not having enough Imac to start, i highly doubt a reseller will have the Iac straight away. I still expect the Apple shop to have them in store this week!

20. Oui
    macrumors 6502

Hey your right. That's the guy the dad knows. Small world :D

21. macrumors member

What I was really hoping to discuss was if people believe that everything about this release is planned? or are these genuine delays.

22. macrumors 68030

forty2j

Nothing about this release is planned. However, I still expect them to hit their announced launch windows.

23. macrumors 68040

Wait, let me check my calendar, it's still November, right?

Isn't that what Apple said? November for the 21.5" and December for the 27"?

Save the "OH MY GOD IMACS ARE DELAYED WHY APPLE WHYYYYYYY" threads until next week please.

24. thread starter macrumors member

JohnDory

There is only one person screaming right now.

I'm more interested in opinions about Apple's strategy right now. Are the releases done JIT or is it planned?

That's what it feels like!

25. macrumors 68040

You may not be screaming, but you did call it a 'catastrophe' when it hasn't even slipped past the official release target.

I'm sure that the actual final ship day isn't planned terribly far in advance, but the whole product release and production process surely is. For a product that doesn't need to hit a specific announced date (iPhone, iPad), they probably start selling them as soon as they are confident that they have a decent supply without major production issues. They might wait for the next tuesday/wednesday, but that's probably about it.

They aren't going to release the iMacs until they can make enough of them reliably, nor will they keep thousands of them stuck in warehouses just to make people wait. Doing either of those things would hurt them.