Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnDory

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
What do we think? 31st November for the 21' and 32nd December for the 27'?

WHat's history for Apple after such a call? Tuesday? Last day of month? On time?

Surely this is a catastrophe for Apple. With iDevices selling through the roof, you can't (or wouldn't want to) buy the cornerstone of their product line. Either there is something seriously wrong; or Apple are delaying release to minimise returns based on purchase date. What a mistake it would be if the latter were true.

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
I am guessing (and partly hoping) for

Next Tuesday order for 21,5" iMac and preorder for the 27" iMac

I just really hope that the 27" will get here before christmas...

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Well supposedly they are already on their way to distribution hubs, my guess is that apple wanted to make them available as soon as they arrive, so if its still on track next week surely.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
What do we think? 31st November for the 21' and 32nd December for the 27'?

WHat's history for Apple after such a call? Tuesday? Last day of month? On time?

Surely this is a catastrophe for Apple. With iDevices selling through the roof, you can't (or wouldn't want to) buy the cornerstone of their product line. Either there is something seriously wrong; or Apple are delaying release to minimise returns based on purchase date. What a mistake it would be if the latter were true.

32nd of December might be off by a few days

JohnDory

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Well supposedly they are already on their way to distribution hubs, my guess is that apple wanted to make them available as soon as they arrive, so if its still on track next week surely.

Really? I'm glad to hear supposed distribution. And, that it must again be a Tuesday. So if not this Tuesday, then it is definitely delayed (and Apple have problems, not just bad marketing).

MacPat333

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Dubai
Even of it will come on 30.11.12 I think it is still **** that Apple mentioned November. They should have said rnd of November cause everyone I waiting for it.

Not cool at all Apple,

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Even of it will come on 30.11.12 I think it is still **** that Apple mentioned November. They should have said rnd of November cause everyone I waiting for it.

Not cool at all Apple,

If they said end of November, the most impatient of people would have bought something else.

muff

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2010
Fona at Fisketorvet, a danish Apple reseller, are now taking pre-orders in store for both the 21,5 and 27". They guarantee delivery in mid-December. I asked one from their staff how they could do this, when not even Apple are taking pre-orders, but he said Apple had allowed him to do so. Another reseller, Humac, have received new posters promoting the new iMacs. I just can't wait to get my hands on the 27"! (That's what she said...)

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Fona at Fisketorvet, a danish Apple reseller, are now taking pre-orders in store for both the 21,5 and 27". They guarantee delivery in mid-December. I asked one from their staff how they could do this, when not even Apple are taking pre-orders, but he said Apple had allowed him to do so. Another reseller, Humac, have received new posters promoting the new iMacs. I just can't wait to get my hands on the 27"! (That's what she said...)

that is good news, I'll be very happy if apple do an itunes 11, on the new imacs!

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Looking like Nov 27 and Dec 18. I'd love to see that December date pulled in a bit but...

maxira

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
21'' on 27-30 November with shipments of 2/3 weeks, then 14-21 December and 21-28 December for 27'' with 2/3 weeks for shipping, then mid-January 2013, or more

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
With issue of not having enough Imac to start, i highly doubt a reseller will have the Iac straight away. I still expect the Apple shop to have them in store this week!

XofDyer

macrumors member
May 24, 2012
What I was really hoping to discuss was if people believe that everything about this release is planned? or are these genuine delays.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
What I was really hoping to discuss was if people believe that everything about this release is planned? or are these genuine delays.

Nothing about this release is planned. However, I still expect them to hit their announced launch windows.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Either there is something seriously wrong; or Apple are delaying release to minimise returns based on purchase date. What a mistake it would be if the latter were true.

Wait, let me check my calendar, it's still November, right?

Isn't that what Apple said? November for the 21.5" and December for the 27"?

Save the "OH MY GOD IMACS ARE DELAYED WHY APPLE WHYYYYYYY" threads until next week please.

JohnDory

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Wait, let me check my calendar, it's still November, right?

Isn't that what Apple said? November for the 21.5" and December for the 27"?

Save the "OH MY GOD IMACS ARE DELAYED WHY APPLE WHYYYYYYY" threads until next week please.

There is only one person screaming right now.

I'm more interested in opinions about Apple's strategy right now. Are the releases done JIT or is it planned?

Nothing about this release is planned. However, I still expect them to hit their announced launch windows.

That's what it feels like!

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
There is only one person screaming right now.

I'm more interested in opinions about Apple's strategy right now. Are the releases done JIT or is it planned?

You may not be screaming, but you did call it a 'catastrophe' when it hasn't even slipped past the official release target.

I'm sure that the actual final ship day isn't planned terribly far in advance, but the whole product release and production process surely is. For a product that doesn't need to hit a specific announced date (iPhone, iPad), they probably start selling them as soon as they are confident that they have a decent supply without major production issues. They might wait for the next tuesday/wednesday, but that's probably about it.

They aren't going to release the iMacs until they can make enough of them reliably, nor will they keep thousands of them stuck in warehouses just to make people wait. Doing either of those things would hurt them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.