Date/Time a bit wonky

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by britboy, May 22, 2002.

1. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I've been trying to change the time zone on my laptop, and noticed something rather strange. When clicking on europe, the time-line was all off from where it should be. Does anyone else have this 'feature'?

From the picture, i'm clicking on where the red X is, and as you can see, the shading isn't quite right.

I'm using a tibook 500, with 10.1.4, if you're wondering.

[Edit] Sorry, meant to post this in the mac help/questions forum. My bad :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I just went and tried it myself and it worked fine, same OSX.1.4 and TiPB 667. Have you rebooted recently? If not you might need to reinstall OSX.1.4 or wait until 1.5 comes out and just click on Iceland or something west to get the right time.

3. britboy thread starter macrumors 68030

britboy

I've tried reinstalling .1.4 already, and rebooted (rebat? :p) last night.

As you say, maybe it's just a quirk i'll have to live with until .1.5 comes out. Oddly, clicking on iceland gives me no time zone.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow, I just went and clicked where Iceland should be and it worked fine. Maybe you need to replace that control panel, .1.4 might not have updated it. Is there a file just for it, or is it incorporated in the system? I'd send you mine if I can.

5. britboy thread starter macrumors 68030

britboy

Actually, could we try that? The date and time preference pane is in ~/system/library/preferencepanes/DateAndTime.prefPane

My email: britboy@halifax.rwth-aachen.de

Thanks Duke.