davan sends dead ipod

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by Fender83, Jul 23, 2005.

1. macrumors member

Fender83

i recently traded my psp for a 30gb ipod which is dead, i would not deal with this person if i were u!

2. macrumors 65816

doucy2

sorry to hear about your bad encounter

3. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Did you contact that person to resolve the issue before posting?

4. macrumors 65816

wnameth

was any money involved, maybe you could get paypal into this. But seriously, contact the seller and the postal service he used, was it insured?

5. macrumors member

Fender83

yeah it was insured with fedex, does that mean they will have to give me a new one?

6. macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Hope you get this resolved shortly.

Of note, I had a transaction with Davan that went fairly smoothly about 6 months ago.

7. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

It means that, after 60 days (I think), they will cough up the amount it was insured for. The sender will probably have to verify that it was in working order when he shipped it and you will have to verify that it was not working when you got it. After that you will get a check for the declared value.

8. macrumors 6502

DJLC

Are you sure it isn't just a simple problem? Like maybe the iPod OS was uninstalled before it shipped? Or anything like that you can fix without much trouble? I remember when I got my SE - the board on the neck of the CRT popped off. Instead of getting the insurance money, I popped it back on and it was good to go.

9. macrumors 6502a

RGunner

Fedex

Folks, you are kidding yourselves if you think Fed-ex, UPS or USPS will reimburse for a non-working iPod. You have to (with any company) show that the package was damaged (significantly) as well as that the item was 'sufficiently' packed within the damaged package. It is very difficult to collect on a damaged shipment, unless it was completely lost (rarely happens).

Good luck tho with Davan, hope he sees this thread and makes things right.

10. macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Have you tried turning it on?

11. macrumors regular

I have calculated my velocity so precisely that a

Wow, Just Wow

12. macrumors member

Fender83

Have i tried turning it on,.. hmm no i just sit and stare ar it all day (seriously?) lol, it wont even mount on my pc well that probly one prob i have a pc my parents recently got divorced and my dad took my mac :mad: , i really want a mini because i only have 5gb of songs and probly wont be getting any more., so if anybody is interested, maybe you could get it to mount on your computer?, however if anybody knows how to fix this i would greatly appriciate it.

13. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

My iPod appeared dead one time.

I reliezed that it was because the battery was completely uncharged. Try plugging it into the wall and turning it on.

14. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Also, have you tried a hard reset? It's kind of a panacea for iPod problems that's at least worth trying before you call it a day. Plug it into the wall charger, then toggle hold on and off (and assuming it's a 3rd gen), press and hold menu and play for 10 seconds....

15. macrumors member

Fender83

i've been writting in code since i was seven i think i would know if it wasnt charged., besides it shows the pic of the file with the exclmation point. i ran the diagonostics on it (hold previous Next and select) and ran the hdd test and it appears that the hd id dead i also ran the hard drive check thing(previous, menu, next, and select) and it showed the pic of an ipod with a sad face so the hd must be dead. and i'm not paying 175 dollars for a new ipod hd, when i can get a 250gb for my pc at the same price

16. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Okay, you know, you wouldn't have gotten the snippy comments if you'd posted useful details like that to begin with. ;)

17. macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Or have been snippy himself. Seriously, if you want help, help people help you. Don't act like a total ass when people are taking the time to help you out of the kindness of their own hearts.

Since you're so high and mighty and have been coding since you were 7, you should have enough knowledge to figure it out yourself.

I can almsot guarentee 100% what your problem is, but, I'm not willing to help for fear of your poor attitude.

18. macrumors member

Fender83

your right, however i know it is the hard drive, anyways i'm selling it to some store now so it dosnt matter, thanks for your time.

19. macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Have you tried disk mode and software restore? http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61771

20. macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Actually it does matter...You're accusing someone of being a deadbeat seller, so its important that you have actually exhausted the available troubleshooting steps before you go advertise to the world.

21. macrumors member

Fender83

i stayed up till about 5 am trying this stuff it wont even mount on my pc, thanks for your efforts but theres nothing that i can do., the site only offered me 50$, i think i might keep it as a paper weight unless someone wants it on here

22. macrumors 601

eva01

I'll take it off your hands if you want.