David Kay on the Senate and Butler reports

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I found this assessment by former weapons inspector David Kay to be amazing criticisms of the US and British leadership from an unexpected quarter.

Scotsman

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

What I find so depressing about this is that few Americans will hear what David Kay has to say, and of course, even fewer will care. The Senate report provided Bush with a tremendous amount of cover. He can now blame the CIA for all of his own shortcomings and continue to respond to all questions about his judgment with the stock answer that he was going by what he was told by the intelligence community. The reality has been made far too subtle for most people to understand.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's not like bush appointed him, after all

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Why isn't someone taking some full-page ads to get this stuff over? Why isn't the press making more noise? Are they going to brown-nose Bush all the way to November?

5. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Part of the problem is much of the media has been afraid to take on Bush since 9/11. Of course, we also have more than our fair share of media owners who are in total agreement with Bush's approach, so why would they allow dissent. Don't mess with a good thing!

Many groups have tried to make more noise, but have been refused access for their message. I would give as examples the Moveon.org SuperBowl ad that CBS refused to run and the recent denial of a billboard ad in New York by Clear Channel. It is true in the latter case Clear Channel has been forced to allow a modified version, but the intent is the same. If these folks could figure a way to not run Kerry's ads, I wouldn't put it passed them to try and do so.

6. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Very true. Not as bad as it was last spring when the war started, though. I think historians will look back on Bush's reign as a dark time.

What truly amazes me is how comfortable the media was roasting Clinton for his sexual misconduct but how hesitant they are with Bush. Perhaps because Clinton's misconduct was fairly mild. While the far reaching impact of Bush's misconduct is almost beyond comprehension. Sometimes it is easier to deal with the little things than the big things!

7. rastafari macrumors newbie

rastafari

I would take clinton back in a sec. I would rather have infinite clinton rule over bush's 1 term in office so far.