Dazzle DVC 80

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cubixcrayfish, Feb 12, 2005.

1. cubixcrayfish macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

Got my mac, plugged it in, and looks like it doesn't work. I bought it about a month ago, and I asked the guy in the store if it would work with mac, he glanced at it, and said yeah cuz it has USB.... so what do I do, i don't have the box will Bestbuy replace it with a mac compatiable one.....?

Or is there a driver to fix it.

Also...My camcorder only has USB out what do I do, I can't afford to spend much more on this mac

CCF

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

did it come with a CD? does it have Mac software on it?

I'm not too familiar with that Dazzle product... I dont see why it wouldnt work. did you try it in iMovie?

3. cubixcrayfish thread starter macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

It came with Windows Editing Software, doesn't appear to have Mac Software

I am more concerned about the camera, is there a free-ware program for USb capture on the mac

4. vtprinz macrumors 6502

The camera should work without a glich. When you plug it into the USB it should automatically mount as a new drive.

5. cubixcrayfish thread starter macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

I plugged it into my Mac and it did nothing, I opened iMovie and said no input

6. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

are you sure that your camera only uses USB? i know for a fact that imovie does not support USB transfer. you might to find a firewire cable.

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

1. What model video camera do you have?
    2. Video over USB 1.1 is horrible.
    3. Never trust store employees in regards to Mac unless you are shopping at an Apple store. ;)

Lethal

8. cubixcrayfish thread starter macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

9. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You might want to check your camera's manual. It has USB for off loading pictures and Firewire for video.

Lethal

10. upperblue79 macrumors regular

upperblue79

The USB Dazzle does not work on Mac. The best device I have found for transfering analog video to a Mac is the ADS Pyro A/V. I recently purchased one on ebay for $140. They retail for around $199, but it will bring in the analog video and digitize it in the box and send it the mac via firewire making iMovie think you have a digital video camera set up. My brother in-law purchased a compatible USB analog video converter for his iMac and tried to use it for 2 days before also buying the ADS Pyro A/V. The USB ones will bring the video in as analog and digitize them on the computer making the files pretty large, so I wouldn't go USB for the video, I always try to stick to firewire.

11. cubixcrayfish thread starter macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

it's only a camcored, it has USB and then something called DV with a picture that looks like an I, is that firewire, looks very small

CCF

12. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

The port you are seeing is 4 pin firewire. All you need is a 4 pin to 6 pin firewire cable. It is very common, usually around $5 and many manufacturers include it with the camera.

13. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Your camera is equiped with a Fire Wire output port, also known as iLink or IEEE 1394 interface.

The specs for your camera are listed here....

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wc...fModel=PV-GS9&surfCategory=Digital Camcorders

As for a Dazzle equivalent that will work flawlessly on your Mac, I highly recommend the Canopus.

Either of these two should suit your needs...

http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC-50/pm_advc-50.asp

http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC110/pm_advc110.asp