Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FilipH

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Apple Land
Is anyone else having problems with Dbrand? I ordered and paid skins worth 38,85 usd more then 8 days ago through their website.

The confirmation email says "We'll email you with shipping details in the next 72 hours." I emailed them about an update, and again there is no reply.

No reaction or shipping from them. I hope they are not scamming me. Is this normal behaviour from them?

FilipH

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Apple Land
little update : 2 weeks after buying/paying still no word from Dbrand. No update on shipping or reply to my email ... weird. Would not recommend them anymore after this poor experience.

apeaceofstrange

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2014
Dbrand is a good product but I won't order from them anymore unless it becomes possible through amazon prime. Only received one of my three orders over the years

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
Ive had issues with them in the past. They have started to become quite a bit scummy (my opinion!) over the past couple of months. Welcome to dbrand!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Ive had issues with them in the past. They have started to become quite a bit scummy (my opinion!) over the past couple of months. Welcome to dbrand!
Here's a screenshot of their Facebook page. Not good.

IMG_0615.PNG

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
The good news is that they do seem to respond, albeit sporadically, to folks on Facebook. It sounds to me like it's a small time operation and you have just a few people trying to handle the whole thing. Almost like it's a business being run out of somebody's garage.

FilipH

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Apple Land
The good news is that they do seem to respond, albeit sporadically, to folks on Facebook. It sounds to me like it's a small time operation and you have just a few people trying to handle the whole thing. Almost like it's a business being run out of somebody's garage.

After complaining on facebook, they suddenly replied my email and claim they have shipped it today. The power of social media :)

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
They are too busying kissing the ******s of tech YouTubers (and giving them free stuff) to send their orders out that people have paid for.

I was just thinking that I am constantly see them being pimped out on YouTube. It says a lot when they only respond to complaints or inquires once called out on social media. Small business or not.

Despite their customer service, what do you guys think of the quality? I haven't found anything on their site that is eye catching or something I couldn't find cheaper elsewhere, so I'm generally curious is the quality worth it?

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I was just thinking that I am constantly see them being pimped out on YouTube. It says a lot when they only respond to complaints or inquires once called out on social media. Small business or not.

Despite their customer service, what do you guys think of the quality? I haven't found anything on their site that is eye catching or something I couldn't find cheaper elsewhere, so I'm generally curious is the quality worth it?

I had the black leather on my old Nexus 6 but I took it off after a week or 2, not only did it feel cheap it also ruined the back of the Nexus 6, maybe it didn't play well with the plastic or whatever the back is made of. It looked like this..

BCmVvR6.png

Only the red was also white... Dunno what happened.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
I had the black leather on my old Nexus 6 but I took it off after a week or 2, not only did it feel cheap it also ruined the back of the Nexus 6, maybe it didn't play well with the plastic or whatever the back is made of. It looked like this..

BCmVvR6.png

Only the red was also white... Dunno what happened.

Yikes! That's quite disappointing. Were you able to get a refund? Might be a silly question considering how their service seems to be but for something like that to happen within such a short period of use, that deserves a no questions asked refund.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Yikes! That's quite disappointing. Were you able to get a refund? Might be a silly question considering how their service seems to be but for something like that to happen within such a short period of use, that deserves a no questions asked refund.

They ignored me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email so I let it slide, not worth the effort for £10 or whatever I paid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.