dcoltonbrown complaints (was Anyone ever been...)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dcoltonbrown, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcoltonbrown macrumors member

Apple is more tolerant than this discussion board...so I would agree that you had to do something really stupid to get banned. It's funny though...Apple's board will let you disagree and make anti-apple statements...unlike this board. I don't know how many times RowerCpu has edited or deleted one of my posts. I don't get it...scared of a fair discussion? I can't count the number of personal insults, flames and name calling I have endured...those posts aren't deleted. Oh well, I guess it is good to know that Apple apologests are more concerned about protecting and defending the Apple way than Apple itself.

2. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Never been banned, but I've had some of my posts removed.

3. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

I think many would belive that Rower and I have had our bagging sessions in the past, but do I fit now that profile in your books yet Rower?

4. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

5. dcoltonbrown thread starter macrumors member

My point exactly. You have to fit a profile in order to voice your opinion.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hey all,

Again... publicly "bitching" is frowned upon... Site policy is clearly stated, and I believe the moderators have been consistent with it.

The Mac vs. PC debate is always a hot topic especially as MacRumors has gained in popularity. This site tends to attract more "trolls" then in the past which makes us (over?) sensitive to the topics.

Reasonably argued/backed positions are never edited questioned/edited/deleted. Mindless argument provoking content is.*

The line can be subtle if you are trying to be "funny" and it doesn't translate well.

That being said, we're mindful of criticism. dcoltonbrown, you pm'd me, which was received and we have already made adjustments to moderation as necessary. However, you should be aware that posting your personal complaints about a specific mod is certainly not going to help your case in the eyes of that mod or this admin.

Never a valid argument. If you didn't report it, you are implying you are fine with the content.

arn

*Obviously, the standard for "mindless argument provoking content" is different on this site than other sites. "Mac's kick ass" would be interpreted differently at this site vs. a PC-focused site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.