DDR/Stepmania out for macs

Discussion in 'Games' started by jadam, Jul 19, 2003.

1. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

heh...

I was never into DDR much.... I actually have the pads and a Dreamcast... I messed around with them like once...

anyhow - I pulled out the pads out last week - and a friend was visiting from out of town - we played a lot... even went to a local arcade to try it out on the real machines.

obviously, there was some kid there who kicked our asses.

In looking around - I saw there's a hand/percussion version called pop'n music. Is this available for the Mac? Or easily available for any other game console. While, my skills at DDR are limited - I think I could rock at pop'nmusic. :)

arn

3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

yeah, this is pretty cool. i use stepmania for pump it up, and before now i've had to use it on my dad's laptop. the os x version is beta, and i've had it for about a week now. i'm glad they finally released some version for x, even if it is beta. i've only tried ddr once, and didn't like it. it was really awkward compared to pump, which feels natural, but i guess others feel different.

EDIT: unfortunately, i haven't been able to get it to work with pump.

4. dethl macrumors regular

SWEET! Now I don't have to get a PC along with my G5. I'm heavily addicted to DDR....I can do some of the 9 foot songs :p

Anyway, this is awesome news!

5. jadam thread starter macrumors 6502a

jadam

heh i dont wanna brag but i can do every song :p on heavy :p including Maxx's, well i cant do PSM Oni yet...

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Damn, my friend has Pump!

I'm not into it but alot if DDR can get to the mac, even in Beta, I'm sure Pump will come too.

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Stepmania supports Pump as well

arn

8. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Well I haven't tried because they are gone to camp, but when they get back I'll try it. :)