Deactivating iTunes on an old machine

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Achiever, Oct 8, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Achiever

I had an old PC a few years back on which had iTunes activated. The machine essentially died and I got rid of it before I was able to log on and deactivate iTunes on that machine. Having moved on since then, that activation has lingered and now I need to deactivate it.

I know that there are ways to deactivate all machines, then simply re-activate it on my active ones, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a way - on either iTunes 8 or 9 - to simply deactivate a machine remotely (i.e. deactivate a machine other than the machine I am on). Thanks.

2. macrumors newbie

Deactivation

on you new computer open itunes and sign into account, then view account in there you can reset or deauthorize all accounts, remember to reauthorize your computer again then it should say you have authorized 1 of 5 accounts available..thx mike (mdo574@yahoo.com)..remember you can only do this one a year.

3. macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

The "Deauthorize All" option is only available if all 5 of your authorizations are being used. If you still have slots available, I say don't worry about it.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Achiever

Thanks for the responses. I know I can deatuthorize all 5 in one swipe. I was wondering if it is possible to deauthorize only ONE on the account, which would NOT be the computer I was using at the time. Any thoughts?