dead air

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by buckuxc, Jan 26, 2004.

1. buckuxc macrumors regular

Aug 28, 2003
    hey all,

While using my new (two weeks old now) PB today I was in a room that definitely had wireless (someone else using an iBook! was able to get connected) but I couldn't get mine to work. I put it to sleep and woke it, no luck. Then I restarted and it finally worked. I had before then not restarted my computer in awhile b/c I heard so many people say that hadn't done so often. Anyone have an idea why my airport wasn't picking up the signal. It was definitely not a strong one, but if someone else's iBook could get it, I don't understand what was wrong with mine. The last time I was in that room, I was unable to get reception as well and figured there was just no wireless available. Otherwise, the airport extreme has worked just fine.

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    iBooks are known for their excellent AirPort reception. Even the newer PowerBooks cannot match their strong reception. Sometimes plastic is better than aluminum ;).
  3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    yah..i have an ibook...and this weekend i was in a u know how far those big houses are from each other..and my ibook was connecting to the internet thru someone's wireless router!!! am i proud of it