Dead-End Job

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gymnut, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Are you stuck in a dead-end job?

Well I happen to be. I'm a coordinator for the Hawaii location of Seasilver USA, a national foundational health supplement. It operates much like companies such as Amway or Avon, with local distributors selling the product under a system that is incentive laden. Unfortunately, my company had been under review by the FTC and FDA and was temporarily shut down in June. We were back up and running by at a fraction of what we were at pre-shutdown days. It is now December and here in Hawaii we have not been shipping out product for almost half a year. I've been stuck here pretty much only being a point of contact, staring at an empty warehouse devoid of product. My co-worker was laid off and I'm rather envious of him now since had I known this was going to drag on this long, I would have had my foot out the exit. Just recently, a document was signed in court, turning the company back over to its owners. For awhile, there was a court appointed receiver that was running the company and by doing so, he scaled back the workforce and trimmed back production in order to remain profitable. In addition, I have yet to be covered by the company's health care coverage. I was told upon hire that after a three month probationary period I'd be eligible for benefits, raise, etc. None of which I have received. So, hopefully by next week I'll be out of here, starting a new job, elsewhere, where my work will productful and meaningfull. Just wanted to let off a little steam, what little steam I have left.

2. iGav macrumors G3

week to go...? do nothing... ;)

but hey you're in Hawaii... could be worse!! go down the beach bar, abit like that Wham video and drink funny coloured things with umbrella's sticking out of them! In work time of course!! ;) :) :D

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear about you job problems Gymnut. Hope that you have found a new job that will make you happy. What are your thoughts about the efficacy of Sea Silver? I have heard it advertised and always wondered.

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Nope, because I don't have one.

Hoping to get one soon and finally start [truly] saving for a digital rebel + lenses + other stuff :-D

I dont care where it is, as long as I can get the hours I need [I am pretty flexible...], and work for atleast 6 months or so.

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I have a good job right now, I work for an Apple repair center so I learn new stuff every day which is great. The pay sucks but its my first job so I really can't complain, but hey I get Apple stuff for stock price:)