Dead IPOD NANO

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Bru5ter, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Bru5ter macrumors newbie

Hi

My Nano just died! It worked fine for 3 weeks and then as I was trying to recharge it, the logo onscreen vanished and it is completely unresponsive.

I use a a pretty fast PC laptop with USB2

Is anyone else having problems? I guy I worked with had the exact same problem, and he had to buy a separate charger. Why should us PC user have to buy something extra when it is the IPOD's fault?????

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Bru5ter thread starter macrumors newbie

Mate all of the 5 r's and not a bloody thing.

A friend of mine who had the same problem had to go buy a separate charger for their Nano!!!

Seems like Apple have not thought about the bigger picture. After years of knocking Microsoft for releasing broken hardware, it seems that Apple would like a share of the PC market, but havent bothered to make it compatible. Pretty shortsighted, but what can you expect from a company that change their whole computer advertising to "from the company that brought you IPOD" a device that costs $400!!!!

And before you make me out as an Apple hater, I use both PC's and Apple G5 for work - have to admit that the G5 3-4 daily crashes makes me lean towards my PC

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

When you restored the firmware, was the iPod recognised by the iPod Software Updater? Did it work, did it restore the firmware?

Also, what are the symptoms of the crashing G5 because that's peculiar. On the other hand, maybe start a new thread outlining your G5's problems so we don't all get confused. I have two Macs and two iPods and no problems. You shouldn't have any problems either. :)

5. Bru5ter thread starter macrumors newbie

I did absoluly everthing, but nothing. I have found this a very common complaint with the NANO and PC. Im just really not interested in buying an additional charger, as the bloody thing should just work.

Also, as any designer and they will fill you in on daily MAC crashes, the platform just cant handle design programs and big files!!!!

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Actually, I think you'll find that's the opposite of what is found by almost all designers on these boards. If you post a new thread with specific details of your problems with the G5s, I'm sure MacRumors will be able to get them working properly again in no time. :cool:

As for the nano, it's three weeks old so take it back to the store and demand a replacement. You have a year-long warranty on that thing. Good luck. :)