dead ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by at350zguyy, Oct 3, 2005.

1. at350zguyy macrumors newbie

Oct 3, 2005
    ok so i was listening to my ipod and when i was finished i turned it off. when i wanted to listen again i hit the play button but nothing happened. so i figured it was a dead battery and that it needed to be charged. but when i connected it to a charger it wouldnt even charge. i connected it to 3 different computers (1 pc and 2 macs) and still nothing happened. is my ipod officially dead and am i going to have to buy a new one or is there a way to restore this back to life?
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Try resetting it. That helps with my mini which sometimes freezes completely when I let the battery run all the way down. If that don't work you could try to restore it. If you still have no luck I'm afraid it's time to take it to the closest Apple Store/Apple retailer/Apple Service Provider...
  3. at350zguyy thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 3, 2005
    i guess i didnt make it clear that nothing happens even when i connect it to the computer. so both of those methods are shot. it wont even turn on if connected to a power source (i.e. wall outlet or cpu). some people need to learn to read. and besides i already tried that stuff.
  4. sreedy macrumors 6502a

Feb 24, 2005
    You don't need to connnect it to the computer to reset..... follow the link provided.... it's a combination of iPod buttons.