Dead Like Me

Discussion in 'Community' started by void, Aug 5, 2003.

1. void macrumors 6502

Has anyone seen this series??? It's the best!!!! The star(Ellen Muth) is so beautiful, but she's in her early twenties!!! She looks like she is about 16!

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

3. filmcutter macrumors member

Showtime.

One of the best reasons to spend money on TV. Nice to see some good competition brewing between HBO's excellent programming and Showtime.

Dead Like Me could have been a weak Six Feet Under ripoff. Instead it is another unique, creative show that proves there are still a few original ideas coming out of Hollywood (even though it's produced in Canada;) ).

Between HBO and Showtime, the Hollywood feature machine is looking very tired (Gigli anyone).

Just wait for Carnivale this fall on HBO!

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

No joke, i think it sounds promising. But i cannot believe anything made to compete with SFU is worth anything, SFU is like the greatest show ever... DLM just sounds campy...

pnw

5. szark macrumors 68030

szark

6. sketchy macrumors regular

I love the show. I have the last three TiVo's for my friends who do not have showtime.

I have one of the working reapers as my desktop picture.

Is Betty (rebecca Gayheart) gone for good? I liked her..

Dave

7. void thread starter macrumors 6502

i think she is supposed to come back for a cameo in a later episode. i have movies on demand so i just watched all 6 in a row....

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have the first season of "Six Feet Under" a 4 DVD set. It's a very good dramatic series. Good story line about life!

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Have you seen any more? I'm anxiously awaiting the 2nd season on DVD, i've watched it since the beginning but my friends are watching in on DVD with me... Season 3 was pretty damn good, i can only hope season 4 will be so great... But i still think in many ways, season 2 was the best... Okay, i liked brenda when she was i whore-mode... made her more interesting...

if HBO was smart enough to release things on DVD quickly, i could get my friends caught up, and we could watch it on TV... in the meantime, they'll just be 2 years behind :rolleyes:

pnw

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

No because I have to wait it to come out on DVD. I just have basic cable r/t high cost!

11. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

My wife and I are really enjoying this series - thankfully with our digital cable we get a double chance at it - if we miss it on our local time slot, we can catch the west coast showing later in the evening.
    Well acted, fun to watch, good plot line, well written. It's a winner in my book.