Dead Pixals on new iMac G5 2ghz

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by StokeLee, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Today, about two minutes ago i noticed that ive got one dead pixal on my iMac, its brand new, two weeks i will of had it on wednesday this week. Now i know that this pixal wasnt there earlier on this evening.

Does anyone know what makes this happen and how can i prevent it from happeing again? Luckily its only really noticiable on dark backgrounds( after doing a quick check make that two maybe three,, ones bigger than the other, so could be two together,, but they are only about an inch apart, if that.)

Im going to go check my warranty and see what it covers,

thank you for any replies in advance

Lee

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Like you, i also have 1 dead pixel on my iMac G4 17" screen. Think it was there from the start - they can be hard to see!.
    There is an app to check for them:
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18908
    It is a bummer, I can't remember how many you have to have before you are eligible for a replacement screen. I think It may be three.
    I have leant to live with it - I can't see it most of the time, and only can when I'm close to the screen and there are white areas by the pixel.
    You can try "massaging" the spot on the screen to see it it "wakes up" first. But if that doesn't work then you're stuck. If you find 3+ pixels call Apple and they should replace the screen for you.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I'd be pissed, I have 2 LCD monitors not a dead pixel. Both NEC. I'm afraid Apple will say you are stuck unless you can prove to them you are a professional who needs a perfect screen. Good luck.

4. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

How wierd is that?

wat is the defination of a dead pixel? using that link above and the program there, my dead pixels only show up when the screen is black, but are ok on all other colours, ive run it a few times, and kept my eye on where the weird pixel is..

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Perhaps you may want to try this ever so gently with a cloth or something soft try rubbing gently that pixel. Sometimes it's possible to rub in a pixel.

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I recently purchased a PB, drove an hour to the apple store to get it. Got home, and found the dead pixel. Drove back the next day, and had a nice talk with the mgr there. First they tried to blow me off, give me the run around etc, but I stood my ground, and eventually they agreed to exchange the PB for me. I am dead Pixel free.

7. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I've never heard of that. Very interesting. I thought you needed to have like 6 dead pixels or something before they replace it...

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

You know i ever looked at it that way, what happens if your graphic design artist and you have a stuck pixel, that could ruin your career!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.