Dead pixel(s) on my new iPad. What to do?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BanterClaus, Mar 16, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 19, 2011
    Just to start I'm posting the following for a friend as he doesn't have an account on here and just wanted me to post... "...

Basically I received my new iPad in the post today and I noticed there was a dead pixel on the screen. Upon closer inspection and after remembering this was retina display I determined that this was actually a cluster of 4 dead pixels. I really don't know what to do.

Im wondering if I should take it back to an Apple store but they are more than likely going to be out of stock (assuming that an exchange is needed). Should I really be bothered, its just now I know its there its really beginning to bother me. Also will the guys in the Apple store think I'm a bit of a dick for taking back the new iPad when others are so desperate to get one.

Has anyone else done anything like this, what should I do?

2. macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2006
    Have the same issue with a single cluster on mine. Will call Apple on Monday to discuss I think. Sadly, closest Apple Store is Glasgow (I'm in Edinburgh) and I dont fancy that trek (hurry up and open that damn Edinburgh store!! This is the Scottish capital city for goodness sake!)