Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opusthe2nd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I have the below PB (1 month old) and there is 1 dead pixel....at least that is what I think it is. I can only see with a white background. It is a little dot on the far left side, that I have to hunt for to see it.

Do I want to complain about it?

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
opusthe2nd said:
I have the below PB (1 month old) and there is 1 dead pixel....at least that is what I think it is. I can only see with a white background. It is a little dot on the far left side, that I have to hunt for to see it.

Do I want to complain about it?

I'm afarid one dead (or stuck) pixel won't be a reason for any action. I am not sure what exactly the minimal stuck / dead pixel count is for being able to return it to the retailer.... but it is more than one.

There is some kind of Pixel Unstucker Movie (< CTRL > click, and select "Download Linked File". After downloading remove the .txt extension leaving .MP4 as the real extension) around, which maybe gets a stuck pixel (a Red, Green or Blue one) unstuck. If you're pixel is dead, then that won't be of any use, I'm afraid.
Anyone had any success with "unstucking"?

opusthe2nd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
No problem here, it really doesnt bother me, plus I have to really look hard to find it.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
MacsRgr8 said:
I'm afarid one dead (or stuck) pixel won't be a reason for any action. I am not sure what exactly the minimal stuck / dead pixel count is for being able to return it to the retailer.... but it is more than one.

There is some kind of Pixel Unstucker Movie (< CTRL > click, and select "Download Linked File". After downloading remove the .txt extension leaving .MP4 as the real extension) around, which maybe gets a stuck pixel (a Red, Green or Blue one) unstuck. If you're pixel is dead, then that won't be of any use, I'm afraid.
Anyone had any success with "unstucking"?
You forgot to say to open the movie in quicktime, turn on loop, resize the movie to about 1" and place it under the area with the dead pixel. Then, play this movie for around 8 hours or overnight. Make sure your screen isn't set to dim or sleep or turn off by itself.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
ITASOR said:
You forgot to say to open the movie in quicktime, turn on loop, resize the movie to about 1" and place it under the area with the dead pixel. Then, play this movie for around 8 hours or overnight. Make sure your screen isn't set to dim or sleep or turn off by itself.

Yeah.. tnx.

Any idea if anyone was successfull?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.