Dead Pixel?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iVersa, Sep 22, 2006.

1. iVersa macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I just received a 19" Benq monitor, the one made to house mac minis in the stand.

Its pretty nice, but it seems to have a dead pixel in the left middle section. Its just one pixel that is always white.

The only thing that confuses me is when I hovered my cursor over it, it didnt show up over the black part. I tested it out on various other things and you can notice the white pixel over everything. Just not black - which you would think it would be most visable on

Is this bizarre or is this normal for a dead pixel?

Just wondering wether this is something I can maybe fix or wether to send it back.

Thanks

2. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Well, if it seems to be a problem try taking it back and asking for a service or a replacement. Though different companies have different ideas on what constitutes the maximum number of dead pixels before the product is considered defective.

3. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502

Its not much of a problem, only one pixel. Ive emailed the company asking for a refund so I'll see what happens. If I get one then great, if not then not a problem.

What Im really asking though is about it not showing up over a black area, just seems very odd to me.

Also when you first turn it on you get a purple screen for a second with the Benq logo, and there is no dead pixel on that screen either.

4. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Have you tried calibrating the screen? Maybe it can't display one colour? So that it gets stuck at white once you boot into OSX.

5. Kalmia macrumors member

6. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502