Dead Pixels on New 23" ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by imuk, Aug 16, 2006.

1. imuk macrumors newbie

I got a new ACD last week. I noticed a slight misalignment of the LCD screen inside the aluminum frame, but decided that it was not bad enough to return it. Now, I noticed some dead pixels, (about 4) all on the left half of the screen. My question is, how many dead pixels are acceptable? Do you think I should return the screen?
    (I only noticed the dead pixels after watching a movie when most of the screen turned black for the credits.)

2. amoda macrumors 6502a

return it, for being only 1week old it has too many problems. I belive that apple has a 3 dead pixel rule.

3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

If you noticed it when the screen went black they are stuck pixels not dead. You may get a replacement if they are all close together but with such a big screen Apple may give you a hard time. I think Apple say something like 8 stuck pixels?

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Isn't it possible to unstick stuck pixels somehow?

5. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Take it back to the store, and explain to Apple that you spent a lot of money on this screen, and you expect it to be perfect. Make it a clear point that you are dissatisfied with your purchase.

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Sometimes... it's hit and miss really.

http://www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp

Download that and have a go. Do not leave it on for too long or you run the risk of killing the surrounding pixels.

7. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I though they had a 10 pixle limit. It's nice they made it 3. I'd return it right away.;)

8. imuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Will return it.

Thanks for all your input. I just called the Apple store. They will send me a new one.

9. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Do you get to keep the old one. In such case, could I have it?:p Nah, congrats on your new ACD...;)

10. West of House macrumors newbie

Sigh. I just cracked open my new ACD 30", and I swore to myself not to go hunting to see if it had some pixel problems. It seemed like I was in luck, just cruising around on it. Then I opened up a blank word document and I saw it... One single dead pixel right in the middle of the screen.

Red!

I had this same problem with the first 20" flat panel I ever bought. It drove me insane. I'm trying all the home remedies that I can, but right now, I'm just sad.

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

^^^

Ouch! Gosh that would piss me off. Sorry to hear that.