Dead President's?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fistful, Sep 21, 2004.

1. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I did a quick google search but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. what I need to know is during I believe the 1963 Presidential elections who was JFK's competition, who's place did he take? any additional information other than that is welcome yet not necessary.

sorry I'm a 23 year old Canadian, I don't know this stuff! :confused:

thanks in advance.

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

There's a reason you couldn't find a 1963 election: It took place in 1960. JFK was assasinated in 1963.

3. fistful thread starter macrumors 6502a

fistful

well that wasn't part of my initial search just a guess off the top of my head.

thanks, I'll try putting that into my search.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes. Nixon was the incumbent VP at the time; Eisenhower was already on his second term.

6. fistful thread starter macrumors 6502a

fistful

not sure but I found Eisenhower was president before JFK so I presume that's who he beat out, that is if E didn't run for re election? It's possible all 3, Eisenhower, JFK and Nixon were all in the running?

I swear there is so much information on this subject especially on JFK that it's almost impossible for myself to narrow it down to what I'm looking for. :confused:

7. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Here, this might help. http://www.presidentelect.org/

US presidential terms run for four years, with a limit of two terms (Franklin Roosevelt managed quite a bit more than that, and the rules were changed to keep that from happening again).

8. fistful thread starter macrumors 6502a

fistful

yeah I'm relatively aware of the current US political climate to a degree, including length of terms and such. nonetheless thanks for the info and I'll be sure to check out that link