Dead Rising

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Aug 4, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well after the great SaintsRow blessed marketplace at the beginning of the week. We are doubly blessed as Dead Rising now makes it way onto the marketplace demos....

Just over 1gb, but loving EVERY SECOND of it...... A 'killer' 360 game indeeeeeeeeddy :D :D :D

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I downloaded it and although the graphics are better than I imagined, the game itself seems like it will get repetitive...

In regards to Saint's Row, I'm pretty impressed with its demo but I'm more than confident that GTA 4 will blow it right out of the water.

3. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Downloading now. As I have already said elsewhere, this looks way too much like State Of Emergency, which stunk, for my tastes. But I'll judge after I play it.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm sure GTA 4 will, BUT were talking another 14 months for that to be released, so SaintsRow is a perfect time filler for that.

Dead Rising demo is awesome, yeah the graphics truly are amazing and the anti aliasing / filters and all the other good stuff is really tight.

As for repetative, yeah but I dont imagine this game was meant for 7 hour marathons. More 20-30 minute sessions here and there, and in that context it should avoid being too repetative. But one thing is for sure, its a quadrillion times more entertaining than State Of Emergency....

5. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Thank goodness for that. I hated that game.

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Well, I know what I'm downloading tonight. Thanks for the heads up MRU!

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

no bother, but be warned.....

Much like a teaser trailer is to a real movie trailer...

This demo is like a teaser demo, it gives you the barest glimpse of what you can do and leaves you slightly disspointed, because yout hungry for more than the demo gives..

All the good weapons are not here, basically a few shops and stray anywhere else its cutscene and demo over..

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

At 1 GB?! WTF... Ah well, not like I can't delete it when I actually buy the real thing...

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I imagine theres a shed more code here than just the demo section but it's all locked out, much like how you can get past the demo fencing in saints row and see the big city (though no missions and stuff).

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Demo out! AAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!! :eek:

I know what I'm doing when I get home... (Gah, first Saints Row and now this? Too. Much. Goodness. On. The. 360!) :D

Have I mentioned in the past 15 minutes how much I love XBL and the Marketplace? :D

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

BEST IDEA EVER !!! :D

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thanks MRU I'll download it after my night out.....I really hope it more than just chopping up zombies and making them look like idiots....I liked the capture idea they were talking about in the preview.

Bless

13. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

its a great demo. i'm buying the game for sure. anyone else find the katana? :D

14. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

15. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Does downloading off xbox live market place take forever for anyone else? Saints Row took almost a full day and Dead Rising has been going for almost 12 hours and is only 78% done.

16. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

your internet connection must suck. it took me half an hour.

17. Vster macrumors 6502

Wow! Fun little demo, can't wait for the game to be released! :D

And no I didn't find the katana...now I'll have to play it over and over until I find it! :p

18. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I dunno. It is good, but I think I will rent it. It doesn't blow me away. I can see it getting boring real quickly.

19. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

The Dead Rising demo is a lot of fun, and it's just the most basic gameplay. What's in the demo could get boring, but hopefully the picture taking, hostage saving, and story will make the overall experience even better. That said, even if it's just zombie killing, I'll be buying it. Killing zombies is just too fun.

I find myself playing the Saint's Row demo constantly... getting outside the demo area, getting the AK, then just killing. The targeting system is so much better than GTA, I hope Rockstar finally gets the idea that people like actually aiming at things...it's so satisfying to see a gang member driving up in his stupid little car, spraying bullets, and taking him out from 50 feet away while he's still in the driver's seat...not because my gun magically aimed at him, but because I did.:D

I thought the horrible v-sync tearing might be a deal-killer for me, but the gameplay is just great. Hopefully the final game will address the graphical glitches.

20. Vster macrumors 6502

I found the katana! Fun weapon.:D

After all of this Saints Row talk, I think I'll have to download that one too.

21. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Jumping out the deli window yields the spirit of the samurai...

Fun demo, I've been playing it all morning. Shame it ends so quickly. I'm gonna try to get 600 kills next round.

22. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

This is a great idea for a game, I love the fact that you can use all the goofy stuff you might find in a mall in various ways to battle zombies. But I don't understand why they didn't get a Dawn of the Dead license for this. I mean, come on, people fighting zombies trapped in a mall? It basically is DotD. :confused:

23. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

I don't like it. Any time your about to do something fun, the Demo ends, you go outside, game over, go to the movies, game over, try to go to another section of the mall, game over, walk around too long, or if you get eaten by too many zombies, game over :p

For a 1015 MB download, you would expect quite a bit more than 15 minutes of aimless walking and clunkey controls. I'll save my money for something better i.e. Saints Row :cool: , Enchanted Arms :) , Madden NFL '07 Hall of Fame Edition :eek: , or Ninety-Nine Nights :D

24. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

I gota say, this game and a few others are making the 360 really tempting (I'm a Nintendo guy).

The videos look fun.

Maybe for christmas if there's an other price cut.

Peace

25. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah as we all said the demo is a teaser, just like those teaser trailers at the cinema.

It gives you the barest idea/glimpse and then depending where you go a different climactic story cutscene to tease you into buying the final product.

THIS IS NOT the final game, so to grumble at a teaser for being a tease is really ??????

The size has nothing to do with it, I imagine there is a shed more code in the demo, but is all locked out, but hey it was FREE, you didnt have to pay for it so whats the big deal? So it took a bit longer to download, what would you have prefered them to say, "sod off your having NO demo at all" ???
    If they havent optimised the demo - which by the way is the same as the E3 demo (so bare in mind this is a few MONTHS old), that's because they were busy working on the final product.

:) :) :)

99 Nights demo is far more indicative of the final game (I have the japanese release) on the other hand, pure monotony.
    No chainsaw, driving sections, minigames, lawnmower, rescuing hostages, in this game to at least add a spec of variety to the missions....
    tap X, tap y build up orbs, press A..... repeat repeat repeat.... aghhhhhh

Oh you've unlocked a new character to play through the story mode, and they control very differently, they
    tap y, tap x, build up orbs, and press A...... see the first bit is very different ;)