Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

@Dazzman97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2016
Scalping bitches since 2001
hey guys so i have a 2015 12 inch macbook and i accidentally went into a guest account and then when i logged off it as soon as it logged on i noticed a dead/stuck pixel on my screen and i'm freaking out because in australia this computer costs almost 2k so expensive and i really can't afford for it to be broken I've been researching this whole pile fiasco and people keep saying it'll go away on it's own or play one of those flashing light videos on the display and also apply pressure and nothing has happened :( please tell me that it'll go away

Attachments

• IMG_5723.JPG
    IMG_5723.JPG
    919.3 KB · Views: 170

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hardware issue. Do you still have warranty? They'll get it sorted at an Apple Store/authorised repairer.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Apple have a policy on this you can search their support, unofficially 4 or more bright pixels are required for replacement but this maybe subject to individual store knowledge amongst other things, I'm sure your be ok but don't be surprised Apple do not guarantee 100% pixel errors free display all bit it a small % of displays that may have errors.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Eh, I bet if he took it into an Apple Store they would make it right. I have never had a dead pixel on any of my Apple products (but have had backlight issues). Even small backlight issues they will replace.
I'm sure your right and OP will be ok, but it's not a given

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.