Deadliest Shirt in the World

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 21, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

mirror

what, if anything, should the federal gov't do to help pay healthcare expenses from those exposed to the toxins? and who should be covered? rescue workers? WTC employees? employees nearby? anyone in the nyc area who exhibits symptoms of exposure?

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Not to be dismissive, but I thought someone had done an exposé on my laundry hamper for a minute...

This could make for some interesting legal battles in the years to come (the article, not my hamper).

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    That's a good question. I think workers, rescuers, and ANYONE within 2 miles should have health coverage provided by the government. Why 2 miles? Cos that's probably about how far the damaging chemicals flew in full force.

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

but what about the prevailing winds? i reckon there are some in brooklyn who were more exposed than those just a few blocks north of the WTC site.

[​IMG]

and then there are some in NJ:
    [​IMG]

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i lived at union square at the time (~2 miles north of the wtc). 9/11 i didn't smell much. 9/12 the winds changed and we had to close our windows, etc.

the city/feds lied about the safety of the air, that's all there is to it. now, what to do about it? :rolleyes:

6. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I live in Queens, near the Nassau border and it stunk for days.