Deal or No Deal

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by runninmac, Dec 27, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I am sitting on my couch right now watching deal or no deal. 2 things come to my mind, WTF is the show about and how did it get on the air? Does anybody get it/ like it? All it seems is a bunch of people jumping up and down hoping to guess the good suit case.:confused:. The host seems like a loser trying to make it suspense full.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

The host's claim to fame is putting a surgical glove on his head and blowing it up.

It's a pretty dumb show. It requires virtually no skills what so ever. You need to be able to read and speak numbers, and some skills at statistics/math would help, but they aren't required.

I laugh at the shots of the audience. Everyone is "so into it". Basically I imagine a director telling people (actors) 'we need lots of emotion here people!'.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The show makes Wheel of Fortune look like a Genius' game.

What's worse--my parents watched it pretty much every night I was there. :rolleyes: This, after Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, was a significant waste of time and video tape.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm sort of hoping they would give away the girls instead of the money. :eek:

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I'm amazed Howie remembers all their names! Or does he make them up as he goes along? Hmmmm...

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

What tends to get very annoying is what happens after some contestant selects a fairly large dollar amount and then you hear this four times (maybe more): "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay." For additional variety, some will fall back on: "That's allright, that's allright, that's allright."

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They could do that and I'm not sure the girls would mind, either. After standing there stupidly for 43+ minutes, anything would be better.

yellow:

Jeopardy is still good but it's gone a bit Hollywood, too. I remember when Art Fleming was the host and they had a couple of people behind the wall pulling cards. :D

9. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

It's pretty stupid really. I think the host is OK. but he like points at the camera and I don't like that (when he goes for a commercial). It's an OK show compared to wheel of fortune. Me and my brother call Wheel of Boredom. lol
    I bet he does.

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

maybe he "knows" them.... o wait...never mind....;) lol

11. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

Yeah, I don't get this show either. Though I've seen only the promo commercial and a few minutes of the show.

The segment I saw was really stupid. Some guy saying he had a feeling about the next suitcase and his two partners telling him to shut up and take the money. Only the guy keeps saying... I've got a feeling, that's all I'm saying. You know, that kind of pointless crap. Only he keeps saying it and they keep panning between him and his friends. For like 2 full, boring, mundane, stupid minutes.

This is the best television can produce?

Ugh!

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well, it's been all downhill since they threw the chair at Geraldo and broke his nose.

Of course this show is probably being produced by the same people that did Geraldo's Vault.

13. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

What a stupid TV show. This thing is going to get really old really fast. How do they make such a simplistic concept drag on for an entire hour? And, I mean, your fate is sealed once you pick that first suitcase... bah, I'm not going to analyze this piece of junk any further...:rolleyes:

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

15. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

So the commercials said...

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Maybe we can threaten then with a Richard Simmons & Gilbert Gottfried hosted 2 hour megashow, and get them to stop sending these shows that just have to run daily until we want to shoot the hosts.

17. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

You know, the ironic thing is, I loathed Howie Mandel before I saw this show. Yet, I still watched, and for the first 2 minutes (before I realized the stupid premise of the show) he didn't actually annoy me as much as I thought he would, so I loathed him less - relatively. Then, once the inane repetitive nature of the show kicked in, and he started overacting, I said, "Okay, I'm outta here..." :cool:

18. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Hmm... I way to make it seem big, Europeans are skinny = not a lot of TV = those that do watch crapy shows= thats why its big in europe...

Just trying to make an excuse so the Europeans dont embarrass themselves for liking it.

19. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It's reasonably popular here, but it's a half-hour format and it doesn't seem as cheesy as the US version.

It was an absolute flop at one hour long but much better watching at half and hour. Shortening it got rid of all the "Millionaire" like stalling... "do you want to lock that in? are you sure? That's your final answer? So lock in C. OK, C is locked in, is it correct? The answer to the question is.....coming right up after this break.." DOND is basically quick TV when the show is only half an hour long.

20. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Apparently I am missing out on a show with a lot of hot babes, I will have to find out what time it comes on around here and get to watching!

But honestly, I doubt I would want to sit through it, I really don't sit through a lot of TV shows, and so when I am watching TV it doesn't matter what is on because that means I am pretty bored, with the exception of the news, seinfeld, and related.

21. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Meh, by about 10 minutes into the show (if that) you'll be so bored out of your mind you won't even be able to enjoy the hot babes. Plus, they're just standing there holding suitcases, nothing special. ;) :cool: