Dealers Report Stolen Marijuana To Authorities

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by srobert, Dec 7, 2004.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

"Link"

I'm speachless...

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What's the going price of .25 lb of marijuana these days?

That is just amazing - you have to wonder exactly what they were thinking at the time, of if they were under the influence..... :(

D

3. sgarringer macrumors regular

In Iowa, the price for standard ganj would be about 350$. An ounce runs about $120 so quite a profit can be turned.

Dont ask me why I know that.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

They should add some of these people to the "This is your brain on drugs..." posters/campaigns.

[​IMG]

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

well, it was only a matter of time before they probably would've gotten busted anyway, if their thinking here (or lack thereof) is any indication.

One almost hopes that they were high, so at least they have an excuse for their idiocy.

Looking at their ages, I wonder why they weren't in school and/or whose house they were living in.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

They should have just considered that stolen Marijuana as a cost of doing business. They probably were high or feeling effects of Marijuana to have called police about theft of an illegal substance. They certainly made the job of the police very easy. :(

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

good stuff is about $4500, which makes a quarter pound about $1125.
    But these guys are probably small time, so a quarter pound actually makes a difference.

8. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Wow! People get crazier and crazier... What did they expect would happen?

9. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

I know a IT guy who sells .25 lbs for 1,000 USD in Alaska.

10. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

People do not do dumb ***** like this under the influence of marijuana. It sounds like they have a case of ignorance mixed with mental illness or phycosis from doing to much meth.

11. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

Tenage logic = oxymoron

Well, if they pled guilty to the 1/4 lb they really are stupid, where is the evidence of the 1/4 lb?

They could get convicted on stems and pot pipes, but what kind of sentence would that carry in Florida? Here in Alaska it would be a 100.00 fine and a slap on the wrist.

Oh, and what kind of civilized nation prosecutes their people for using marijuana? Let legalize marijuana, it's a person's right to choose whether they want to use or not.

12. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

LOL... Not as long as it's illegal to use it it isn't a persons right to choose whether they want to or not... Believe me, I'm no angel in this category, though I no longer indulge, but it was always crystal clear that if I got caught with a trashbag full of weed I was up the creek without a paddle... I could care less whether they legalize it or not, but it's not someones right to use an illegal substance because they think it should be legal... lol..

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Same applies to owning and driving a stolen Bently Turbo coupe.

Just because you want to, doesn't mean it should be legalized.

14. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Wait- who told you about that ?... I was only borrowing it, I was gonna return it, I swear... ;-)

15. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Whew! good thing pot's a victimless crime, stealing a car... not quite. You can't just compare it to anything, pot is one of a few things that the government prohibits for no good reason... the "protect you from yourself" laws. they should all be scrapped.

But anyway.

I'll strongly agree with what others have said, these guys didn't do something so stupid because of the pot (i have yet to meet someone who called the police while high, on purpose)... they did it because they're complete retards. Not in the un-politically-correct sense, either. But in the literal way.

paul

16. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Oh , I don't know about that... I've come home pretty baked & decided some muffins would be good at 2 am- only to fall asleep & wake up to the family shaking me to get me out of a smoke filled house... lol... true story...

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And if you want to make sure your large crop is off the grid you'll want to hotwire around the electric meter -- so you'll be stealing electricity instead of a car...

Of course the chemicals in the crops are less hazardous than a batch of meth, though you do risk buring down the house.

18. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

ROFLMAO... Suddenly I'm in the mood for a twinkie- or two...

19. Jaz macrumors regular

20. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Ahh what a thread

Althoutth, i agree thats stupidity not reefer. to bad about the quater pound, Dont rop people, make friends

21. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Where are you getting your stuff?!?! Im buying 1lb of bomb outdoor grown grass for $2200. Really nice hydro goes around $2900>$3100.. Maybe you should look into alternate sources..

22. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Why are we discussing marijuana prices? This is supposed to be a family friendly place.

23. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

How far are you from East Lansing? Gotta lay off the sauce... can barely type...

Right on. I wonder how many people saw this story and muttered nonsensicals before hitting their medicine cabinet for "OK drugs."

24. sgarringer macrumors regular

Would you prefer we discuss the ever rising cost of prescription drugs? Since those are so much better for you. Oh wait, a lot of prescription drugs kill people just by their basic use...