dealing with a publisher file

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicrose, Apr 1, 2007.

1. nicrose macrumors member

I have a client who will be giving me a Microsoft Publisher file from an old pc. I have a mac book pro and therefore will not be able to read the file. What can I do to the file so I can read it in my mac, and be able to use it in InDesign?

The following is a quote from wikipedia:

Most alternatives to Publisher, with the exception of Adobe PageMaker, lack a Publisher import facility; however, Publisher can export to EMF (Enhanced Metafile), which is widely supported in other applications.

Will this work?

Loquacious Nicrose signing off....

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Bugger all

The best thing is to do recreate it or get them to supply it as a PDF.

Are you planning to offset print it or on a laser printer? Publisher files can be a pain if going offset e.g. RGB colours

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I see no way to import a Publisher document into my installation of the Mac version of Adobe PageMaker 7.0.1. It probably works in the Windows version because it has to. Even if it worked in the Mac version of PageMaker, then it would be worthless to you because PM 7.0 is a Classic app and won't work on your machine. However, smurfjammer has given you some good advice. Have your client to give you the file in PDF format. It is likely that you will have to do what a lot of commercial printers do with files like this--reconstruct them from scratch.