Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has Apple's AirPods Pro available for $179.99, down from $249.00. This is the second-best price we've seen on the AirPods Pro since launch, and one of the best prices we've tracked in 2021.

AirPods-Pro-Discount-Feature-Triad.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Amazon will ship the AirPods Pro in about four days, but you can lock in the $179.99 price tag today to guarantee your order. AirPods Pro are Apple's high-end Bluetooth headphones, offering active noise cancellation and many more features. The included charging case also supports Qi wireless charging, so you can recharge the headphones via any compatible Qi mat.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones. If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: AirPods Pro Drop to $179.99 ($69 Off)

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Canada simply can't compete with US deals. I don't know why, but we'll never have such agressive promos.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I finally grabbed these for 179.99 at Staples about 5, 6 weeks ago. This ancient Staples store credit helped (I have a hunch it will go down in price a little more in a few weeks, perhaps even bigger discount heading into the Holidays)

I personally love them so far, amazing sound, fit fine. (no issues with that "rattle"...yet?) I love the Spacial audio on shows - tested that out with HBO Max shows, movies that have this. Apple TV..some shows also. Was listening to something that has a lot of music, some documentary of "sound" w/ Mark Ronson. Many says this is a gimmick, I kind of like it!

Reactions: johnnygee

DesignTime

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2021
Clairvoyant. The AirPods Pro were released less than 2 years ago. Can you help me with stock picks?
Not sure what your issue is. Fact, the product is old. You even said so. Fact, the batteries on AirPods degrade so 2-3 years is about when they need replaced. Fact, Apple will stop software support after 3ish years.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I think the regular AirPods is more comfortable. Also I never have been able to get the ear tip fit rest to pass with the different size cups. Next time I'll save money and get the AirPods.

Reactions: JosephAW

Mrjetsondc

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2020
The Amazon reviews are wild. People making jokes, one to 5 star reviews, lol you can’t trust anything on the web.

PlayUltimate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2016
Boulder, CO
Bought a pair of these for my wife's birthday. Liked the price compared to Apple's retail However, when we tried to pair them, they were already named. Ergo, they were not unopened new. Instead they were likely returns from within the return period and sold at a discount. Pay attention that Amazon does not claim that the price is for new AirPods Pro.
(considered returning them and getting packaged new from Target, but my wife was ok with them as is.)

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
The Amazon reviews are wild. People making jokes, one to 5 star reviews, lol you can’t trust anything on the web.

I read a review on Google Maps last week. Someone left a 1-star review for the local Panda Express. I saved the text....

the woman who left the review said: (exact quote) "The drive-thru lane had almost 20 cars and I couldn't bear the wait. Lost my appetite while waiting. What was worse wat that their drive-thru lane was designed in a way that I couldn't back my car up and get out. They need to increase the 2-lane ordering system into at least 8 lanes. Wish there's a way to leave a 0-star review, but the lowest rating is 1-star, so I"m giving it a 1-star review"

obezcinnet

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
Not sure what your issue is. Fact, the product is old. You even said so. Fact, the batteries on AirPods degrade so 2-3 years is about when they need replaced. Fact, Apple will stop software support after 3ish years.
this really sounds like you have no idea how apple products work. they don't replace airpods batteries, they replace it with a new one. once again, batteries in these tiny ear pieces are not replaceable.

software support for airpods will never stop. if you are referring to firmware updates, when was the last time you got a firmware update on your wired headsets? why would you ever need a firmware update on a $179 earphone after 3 years of your purchase?

DesignTime

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2021
this really sounds like you have no idea how apple products work. they don't replace airpods batteries, they replace it with a new one. once again, batteries in these tiny ear pieces are not replaceable.
That’s my point. You have to throw away the AirPod instead of replacing a battery.

deh2k

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2007
I think that Amazon sale for AirPods Pro was yesterday (9/6). $189.98 today.

obezcinnet

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
That’s my point. You have to throw away the AirPod instead of replacing a battery.
This post refers to a brand new, never used airpods. battery will start aging once you but it and start using it. "it's a 3 year old product, battery is dead" is not a valid argument.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.