Dean Accused of Fraud by Rival Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Durandal7, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/51405|top|01-08-2004::17:33|reuters.html

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

how ugly. i don't know who to believe. someone is a ****ing retard.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The Mud is starting Fly, in South Carolina anyone can vote in the primaries, Republicans, Democrats,Independents so im thinking about it though still undecided. I still like Kucinich and Lieberman. Gephardt comes across to me as to much of a career politician with not much back bone. Cant stand people who point with a thumb and closed hand.

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think this report is a sign of the Gephardt campaign's growing desperation. That is not because it is impossible for some idiots in Dean's campaign to plan such a thing (if Dean were to have ok'd it himself he would be crazy and done politically if it ever came out.) The critical thing is that a strong campaign doesn't make such a charge without more to back it up.

Iowa was always thought to be Gephardt's state up to Dean's surge in the polls. If he can't take this neighboring state, it is likely his money will dry up pretty quickly - he might not even make it through to New Hampshire. That's the nail-biting fear of lost political ambition talking.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I agree with you Sayhey Gephardt is throwing a new mudball everyday. today he was slinging comments that Dean made a few years ago how the special interest are running both sides( Republicans/Democrats) in the Iowa caucus. Gephardt was acting like Dean had just commited sin. One thing i do like about Dean is he doesnt seem to be in any special interests pockets or am i wrong?

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I've been watching and participating in politics long enough to have a certain cynical admiration of a well thrown "mudball." This isn't one of them. If its truthful and delivered adroitly - that's one thing, but this doesn't reflect well on Gephardt's control of his campaign. Of course, if it is true it reflects even more badly on Dean's.

As to Dean and special interests, I guess that depends on how you define "special interests." He has his share of unions and issue organizations that back his candidacy. He also has large contributors. As you have pointed out on numerous occasions, both the Democrats and Republicans are financed in the main by large corporate interests. If that is the issue for you, I'm afraid it boils down to what special interest groups you are comfortable with.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I heard tell of this from my sister, who's working for Gephardt in Iowa, over Xmas. Apparently there were some anonomyous calls placed to the Gephardt campaign asking what exactly the rules were regarding out-of-state participants. They were told there was no rule against that kind of action, and have apparently chosen to go that route. She said they are also expecting some strong-arm tactics on voting day from the Dean supporters as well. I guess trying to intimidate or coerce people to vote their way.

8. meta-ghost macrumors regular

what did john stewart say about lieberman? something like - he is the candidate for those who really want to vote for bush but don't think he's jewish enough.

9. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

You do know that these two are at opposite ends of the political spectrum within the Democratic party? I with you about Kucinich, but I don't think he has a chance in hell. Far too progressive to win either the nomination or the general election.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

yeah i know these guys differ, i was expecting someone to say what you did. ill just keep watching. Kerry,Gephardt do nothing for me, Edwards i like, Dean seems a little cocky if you will. Lieberman i respect and Kucinich shows a lot of passion and i like what he has said about a lot of stuff. Clark is ok but im not big on having a General run the country. years of military will warp anyone even a General. will just have to keep watching though iam going to do something i have not in the past and that is vote in the democratic primaries.