Dean: "My view is that Fox News is a propaganda outlet of the Republican Party..."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Xtremehkr, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Link.

The emphasis is mine, of course.

Though this is not the most important point Dean made, it is finally real acknowledgment of the situation.

The section concerning the Republicans hollow courting of Black voters is much more important. I am glad that he is taking the fight back to the Republicans and vocally pointing out the hypocrisy of their claims.

If it weren't working, I seriously doubt the Vice President would be commenting. :D

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

There goes Dean sticking his foot in his mouth again. It is really starting to become a habit of his...

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

How is he sticking his foot in his mouth? Is anything of what he said not true? I'm glad he's speaking out against them and saying what a lot of us are thinking and what many in the Democratic party will not. Wasn't that one of the biggest criticisms of Kerry? That whole "wimp" thing.

I guess the Neocons can call people unpatriotic and immoral for not going along with everything they say, even when they do the exact opposite. But Dean criticizes them for pandering to the religious right, not following through on promises, and misrepresenting what they're really doing... and suddenly he's a mud-slinger? :confused: Not that he isn't a nutjob, but sometimes that's just what is needed.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=131530

4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

I agree. Watching the Fox News channel is like watching visual toxic waste. If I were a Republican, I would be embarassed and ashamed about a TV outlet that tops even Rush Limbaugh. Of course, I'm talking about O'Reilly here.

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Mudlinger?

No.

Muck-raker. It's important to realize that the far-right has gone so long unopposed in the Propoganda arena that even those on the left will follow through with a knee jerk response if anyone calls them (the neocon and corporatist right) on being duplicitous, pandering slimeballs with all the moral fiber of a body-fluid stained hassock.

I say all Dean really need is a George Carlin opening act.

6. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

i have to tell you i am really enjoying howard dean run the democratic party in to the ground

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dean is just telling it like it is. Fox is a puppet of the Right wing extreme republicans. And the Democratic party is allready in the ground and has been for years backing all the loonie toons.

8. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Loony Tunes?

When did the DNC last have a candidate with half the charisma of any of Mel Blancs many characters?

The DNC has 2 problems:

They try to be all things to all people. Polite, intelligent, soft spoken, Politically correct, non-aggressive, etc. This means that they function like neutered milquetoast freshman nerds. Too much comittee thinking and not enough strategy.

They consistently choose embalmed beurocrats and what, for all the world appear to be back room academics still blinking in the glare of actual sunlight as their canidates.

Who would you vote for just on stage appeal?

The nerd?

or the Jock?

or..... (god help us all) the hippie who stumbled on stage at the last minute, Bong in hand.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'd go with the bong.

10. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Dean and the dems telling the repubs to get out of black churches! Heck, that should be an example of "hypocrisy" in the dictionary. After that in the first paragraph, I stopped reading, sounded like it was gonna be another "insert foot into mouth" thing. I admit FOX has some bias, just find it hard that others won't admit (didn't during the election either) that CBS, and others do. Heck even they admit it about themselves.

But I must admit, the more dean talks the better I feel about the next round, I like the moderate repubs like McCain.

11. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

He is so right it's not funny.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You won't find it in any dictionary spelled like that.

13. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Thanks. Fixed it. As I have said a bunch before, I can hardly spell my name.

14. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

The GOP response on Dean's comments are typical of tactics used against other Democrats who speak out in a forthright manner. It was the Republican talking points of the day to have Gore fitted for a straightjacket because he raised his voice and spoke with passion about the lies the administration was telling around Iraq. Their tactic is simple, distort the message from the other side and attack the messenger. What you won't see is any talk about the facts from the Republican establishment. For instance, how many elected officials on the Republican side are Black or Latino? How about these figures:

William Rivers Pitt at Truthout.org

Is Dean right about Fox News - absolutely! The right-wing maybe successful in getting its mantra about Dean putting his "foot in his mouth" across through a supine media, but it doesn't mean he is wrong.

15. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

McCain doesn't stand a chance. Why? Because if he does run, the extreme right will blackball him like they did in 2000. I still can't believe that McCain turned around and supported Bush in '04 after all the lies and crap that Karl Rove spread about him during the '00 primaries.

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

A thing that may be true but you aren't supposed to talk about because some people might be offended is called what? All together now, class...

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-A-L C-O-R-R-E-C-T-N-E-S-S

Very good, class! :)

17. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i just _have_ to chime in with the current situation of soap-oper... erm politics in austria:

first (very)quick round up of the last months:
    ultra right wing party FPÖ (jörg haider) splits up into moderates and ultra right wing (called "deutschtümler" because of their close relation ship to not so nice parts of history.. other name :"the brown wing")
    moderates stay in government with the conservatives (övp "the blacks") but the ultra right wing doesn't liek that and starts to interfere where every possible to foul it up for the seperate new party (which really got slim,slim margin) with voting against everything because afterall we have the free mandate

so nwo the kicker: just after a hefty crisis was over because 2 of those "brown wing" idiots said something pretty close to history revisionism of the thrid reich episode which is sinc e1947 forbidden as an public person in the media etc. (like for example downplaying the numbers of casulties or other parts of the holocaust) courts investigated etc. but left both unharmed

so and now guess what just happend: one (he's meber of the 'lower house' or something similiar) just said in an interview with perhaps one of the most liberal newspapers in the country _this_:

"Es gab Gaskammern, aber nicht im Dritten reich. Sondern in Polen. So steht es auch in Schulbüchern. Ich habe nie gesagt, dass ich prinzipiell Gaskammern anzweifle."
    to english:
    "There have been gas chambers, but not in the Third Reich. They were in Poland. It's written like that in the schoolbooks. [comment: not in mine] I've never said that i principally doubt gas chambers"

and now the outcome:
    *interview printed ->
    *Outrage across nearly all political parties (except the "brown wing" of course)
    *civil court investigating because he broke the '47 law. possible penalties range from 1 year to life sentence (anthing more than 5 is unlikly in this case though)
    *on top of that a military court is investigating as well because he has been a colonel of the army untill 5 years ago and untill next year is somehow insured under military law or something)
    *his immunity will be very likely be called "void" because he is from vienna and thanks to our political system the vienna "state parliament" will decide about that... (the parliament there is clearly in the hands of the left-wing parties)

finally one of those idiots who are/were singing the german hymn in those weapon-fraternities (those with swords etc.) will pay the price... ahhh the sweet taste...

edit: what i forgot was: compared to the (brown) mud/dirt thrown around here that stuff from dean was "children birthday party" like (sadly that idiom doesn't translate all to well)

18. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Probably cause he had been working in the senate for years, and knows of kerry.

19. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Wesley Clark supports Dean.

Link.

And aside from supporting Dean, he brings up some very important information concerning how current policy is affecting our military. Bush has been a disaster for the military and our reputation in the world.

Finally, the Democrats are starting to work together in order to get the real story out there.

20. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I hadn't realized until just recently that schlagende Verbindungen were still around. Also, they are like Harvard and Yale in that their members tend to float to the top not necessarily due to skill but for their social connections. A friend in Munich told me that it's not uncommon to see board meetings were more than a few members have scars on their faces.

Sort of scary really that such groups have such power. It's good to see though that this guy is paying a price for flaunting the law.

21. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Hannity & Colmes is a news program? I thought it was a political talk show, and now I learn that Colmes is a right-winger. Hmmm.

While I see myself more as a conservative person than a Republican, and certainly can't see myself in any way as a NeoCon, it strikes me that I've probably done a helluva lot more honest work in my life than Dean ever thought of. And I'll match my IQ against his, any day in the week.

And since when is the "black community" monolithically liberal and solely the property of the Democratic Party? Dean's saying, "These are OUR people, and you Republicans can't have them."

'Rat

22. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Actually, Colmes is pretty moderate, and only gets in about 10 words a show. Fair and balanced, indeed....

I don't recall Dean saying that. He's simply saying that if the Republicans want to go out recruiting black voters (which they're perfectly free to do), they should at least back policies that would benefit said black voters.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, like quit starting wars. [​IMG]

24. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Nah. They'll just find a way to inflate the GI with something more interesting than a "simple" Draft.... Like offering time in the Army in place of time in Federal Pens..... :rolleyes: (Either way your ass belongs to the USA).

25. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

It's a moot point. The Vice President, in an interview, made some comments about Dean's recent behavior and some reporter asked Dean if he had a reply to those comments. Does it really matter what the context was? I mean, if it had been, say, Dan Rather or Brian Williams interviewing Cheney when Cheney made those comments about Dean, would Dean then think that they warranted a reply?

Dean was speaking to a sympathetic audience at a Rainbow PUSH coalition conference, and he decided to take a pot shot at FOX News as a way of dodging the question. I don't see what the big hoopla is all about.