Dean uses Apple

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jayb2000, Oct 26, 2003.

1. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

I like Dean and Clark and have been watching/reading whatever I can about them to decide who I want to vote for.
    There was just a show on CSPAN all about the Dean candidacy and most of the computers at the headquarters were Macs.

Maybe he could get the govermnet to generally use Macs instead of Wintel crap! :cool:

2. Code101 macrumors newbie

So what!

President Bush uses Mac too. What is this? The Liberals computer of choice or something?

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Really? Where did you hear that? I'd love a link on that. Oh, and if Rush Limbaugh can recommend Macs, I know there is no ideological divide keeping Macs to us Lefties.

4. Code101 macrumors newbie

Well the real point here is, who gives a crap if Rush, Dean, or any other political person uses a Mac, PC or a fisher price learn the ABC's laptop for all I care.

Dean doesn't have any greater chance of becoming the President just because he uses Apple!

5. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Nobody said he did. You're overreacting on a bit. It's just cool that he uses Macs, not a reason to vote for him.

Dan

6. jayb2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

jeez

I was just glad to see the exposure for Apple.

Given the fact that the Dean campaign has gotten a great deal of press for its use of the Internet, and if that is being done with Macs, then I think that increases the value of Apple as a platform.

It's one thing to talk about why OS X is good. However, being able to point to succesful uses of it, like the VT cluster, or for running a large political campaign (whether you like Dean or not) is good for the Apple user community, as it spreads the usability and thus the interest in development and programming.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Re: jeez

And most of us got that. Thanks for the info BTW.

8. Code101 macrumors newbie

Re: jeez

OK, I'll give you that:)

Sorry

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Speaking of Rush, our tech at our Apple store did work on his computers, and yes they are all macs. I have no liking of Rush, but he does endorese macs so whatever.

10. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Sounds like a decent reason to me :D

11. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I take that to mean Bush doesn't use macs? Or you can't find a link? Where did you hear the rumor?

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its great Dean uses a MAC but if he wants to get elected he better move to the middle. America doesnt need any far left or fare right leaders

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well first, it's Mac, not MAC. Second, Dean is not as far left as the WH has sought to paint him. Sure he's anti-war, but he's also anti-gun-control. His support for civil unions was tepid at best.

Not an endorsement, just a check on the spin coming from the Republicans on Dean.

14. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Let's start a list.

Famous people that use Macs:

-Bill Clinton
    -George W. Bush
    -Dean
    -Rush Limbaugh
    -Saddam Hussein
    -Me

Any others? :D

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

16. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

mactastic:

Dual G5: $2999.
    8 GB RAM: $4000.
    Twin 23" cinema displays: $3998.
    Logitech Z-680 speakers: $349.
    Ten thousand litres of anthrax: $10M.
    Watching high definition footage of your people suffering as you test biological weapons on them: priceless.

;)

P.S.: I know WMDs haven't been found and don't expect them to be found unless they're planted.