Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KevRC4130

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2004
Massachusetts
The only computer things I really want are:

The $150 gig of Powerbook RAM on Fry's
MacMice The Mouse BT (white)
Logitech Z-2200 speakers (which my sister already got me so that doesnt really count)

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
What do I want for Christmas? 12" PB loaded + 2.5 G5 loaded :rolleyes:

But I'll probably just be getting $200-300. No one knows what to get me for Christmas, so they just give me money. I'll probably use that money to build another PC as a music server, or FTP/SSH/HTTP/etc. server.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
for xmas i want: (realistic list)
snow! i missed the last snow by 5 years by being born in '90 and it wasnt even on xmas or
any mac that runs any version of osx without xpostfacto or
a trip to france/spain over spring break (with my school, it costs 2k dollars, may or may not get to go) or
a blackberry phone or
AN APPLE STORE IN SAN ANTONIO!
(fantasy list):
1 (one) genie who will grant me 3 (three) wishes. you know the rest.
edit: tonight i had the opportunity to play on my friend's selmer series II bari sax! that thing's amazing; i use my school's ybs52 and thought it was fine and now it's not gonna feel right going back! now i want one! 6k bucks (for silver-plated or matte lacquer) though and for that price i could get a 2.5g5 plus a 30"acd...

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
only one thing

There is only one thing my friends and I have been waiting for for over a year now..........Halo 2!!!

And the best part is that one of my friends works at BlockBuster and they get the games a week before the are out, so he can get it the Thursday before 11/9. Granted it's only about 4 or 5 days before everyone else, but it will be worth it.

macfreek57

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
i really wish apple would update the iBooks so i can get one of them. i know that just about every other computer they sell needs it first, but i just can't buy a computer that was updated in janurary (i think).
all they need is price drops, Mhz boosts an VRAM boosts

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
wwooden said:
There is only one thing my friends and I have been waiting for for over a year now..........Halo 2!!!

same thing here man!!

but thats like a whole month before christmas.... ill need to formulate a new plan by then..... :rolleyes:

ohh and a dual 2.5 ghz with 2+ gigs of ram and dual 30" and and and and... well you get the idea ;)

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
let's see, I have:

- tiBook 1Ghz, 512MB, 60GB, Superdrive
- 3rd gen. iPod 20GB
- Airport Extreme Base
- Airport Express
- M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
- Gemini UMX-9 Mixer

I don't plan any major purchases in addition to my current setup, but I'd like to update my tiBook to 1Gig Ram and an Hitachi 7200RPM HD

I'd also like to have a Canon ZR DVcamcorder, but I'm not sure how often I would actually use it, so I will probably go for the ram and the HD plus professional installation (I'm too lazy to do it myself...)

vSpacken

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
AliensAreFuzzy said:
Heck with those, go for dual 30's :D

But, but...
that would necessitate a new Mac AND a new apartment to fit them in...

Still, beggars can't be choosers.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
For Christmas I want at least one of these things (not all of them):
A new iBook
A new eMac
A new iMac
An Apple Store in Orem
A used, but good PMG3 or PMG4
Halo 2
A Gamecube w/Final fantasy Crystal Chronicles w/GBA w/link cables

I'll add later.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
for xmas i want a dual anything G5 powermac and a 23" (or 20") apple display. i would also like a TV viewing device for it :)

unless santa wins the lottery (or finds some other means of purchasing power) ill probably want (er get) 512MB of ram for my PB and a nice set of computer speakers.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
For dell to stop running their commercials that always end with:
"hurry cause this offer ends on ............"
but then the same commercial is recycled with that end date changed to a date that reflects when they are recycling the commercial.

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
20" iMac G5
Nintendo DS+2 Games (doesnt come out in Australia till about Feb next year :(, I can still import though)
Halo 2
Xbox Live
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario 2

That's what I really want, but what I am getting will not be all that at all, prolly one or two games, and I'll buy my iMac on my own, and get my DS when it comes out here.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Doraemon:
Hey if you ever get rid of the ones in bold, tell me, I'll buy one from ya:
PowerMac G5 Dual 2 GHz
iBook G4 12-inch
PowerMac G4 Digital Audio (466)
iMac BondiBlue (Rev. B)
PowerBook G3 (Rev. B)
PowerMac 8600/200
PowerMac 5500/225
PowerMac 4400/160
PowerBook 5300c
Performa 630 DOS Compatible
Macintosh LC
PowerBook 100
Macintosh Plus

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
cr2sh said:
Music... damn, I saw Death Cab for Cutie last night (great show!) but I have all their cds, I can't think of many other cds I long for.

If you haven't picked up The Postal Service album you should ask santa for it. It is extremely good and they are awsome live (I saw them at the Gorge in WA State). The lead singer (Ben I think?) from Death Cab For Cutie is a member.

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
All i want for christmas is for apple to announce the dual core g4 powerbooks, so i could buy myself one with my own hard earned moeny working as chef d'équipe at mcdonalds, to replace my lemon (rev, a 1.25ghz 15 inch powerbook)

as for from my parents, well not really anything, i work so i pretty much buy myself whatever i want when i want it, which pisses them off, because they never know what to get me. and when they do think of something they find out that i already bought myself that item like two weeks before

EDIT: well now that i think of it, i could use stargate sg-1 dvd set of seasons 4-8 (is 8 on dvd yet) to add to my collection of season 1,2,3
EDIT2: oh right obviously season 8 is not on dvd yet, that season has just begun like two months ago
aethier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.