Dear Tim

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Oct 7, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Guys, this is an email I got today from a friedn of mine called Roberto Alonso. He is a Cuban imigrant here in Venezuela, he is an activist in saving my country from the Fidel Castro regime. I just want you to read this mail he sent me.

MM
    ____

Please, Mr. Alonso:

Remove my from you e-mail list. _I do not even speak Spanish._ I do not know why I got on your VIP list, since I don’t even know where your country is._ Do not care about Chavez or anyone else._ The only thing I care is go fishing on week-ends, so please take me off your list._ NO SE HABLA ESPANOL, GRACIAS SENOR.

Tim Glode

Dear Tim,

Nice to receive letter from a fellow American so far away from my country, Venezuela._ I can very much understand why you don’t know where in the hell Venezuela is, since when I left Cuba, many years ago – in 1961 – you people asked me if I went to the US by car, not knowing Cuba is a dammed island and there is no bridge between the two countries, reason why I am not a bit surprised you have no idea where in this world Venezuela is._ For all you could care this country could be a little bit below Zimbabwe._ What gets me, however, is that we Venezuelans jump in our streets, hit pans and blow whistles for the citizens of the world to know what is going on down here and out there they don’t even know where in the coo-coo we are located… and what is worst, they don’t care._ We are even waiting like “boom-heads” for a “revocatory referendum” so that the “international community” can invade Venezuela when they see we won’t have any and maybe that day (Sunday February 29th, 2004) the rest of the universe will be fishing with you.

On the other hand, I congratulate you for only caring about fishing on week-ends, however, I suggest you to take a Spanish or Arab book while you are out there, relaxing on your boat waiting for a fish to bite, just in case you will need to know either one of these two foreign languages… or even both._ If you people keep on paying attention ONLY to your fishing and not to what in the hell is going on in this God dammed world, you would probably end up ruled by a crazy son-of-a-bitch name Chavez, Castro, Marulanda (“Sharp-shot”)… or Lula, if not by some nut-head named Abdul Azaharaim ****istan, or some ****.

I really don’t know how in this world you got into my VIP list, maybe you are a CIA infiltrated of some sort, but I will erase you off right away, don’t worry._ Keep my e-mail address in case you want to practice your Spanish in the future, if I am still around._ If there is another American out there, reading this note to my friend Tim, do not hesitate to ask me to unsubscribe you too, unless you want to know what is going on in the country from where you Americans get the gasoline you need to go fishing.

Yours truly,
    Caracas (this is our capital city) 07 de octubre de 2003

ROBERT ALONSO

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i wouldnt want that email anyways. its not his problem he likes fishing and doesnt care about he has to say.

iJon

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Dear Tim

I'm not sure what the problem is.

People can care or not care about what they choose. I'm sure Mr. Alonso has issues that he feels is important... but not everyone should be expected to. Should we judge them for it?

arn

4. Dros macrumors 6502

Sure, Tim is an easy target. Doesn't care about much. But, why should your friend rip into him for wanting to get off a e-mail list?

When I see a reply like that, I think, "There is someone that thinks the problem they care so deeply about is the biggest problem in the world, and everyone in the world should pay attention." When in reality, the situation in Venezuela is a mess, but in terms of the world, it is average, or even better than average. The whole continent of Africa, between AIDS and people getting their legs hacked off and 12 year olds fighting wars, is more of a mess. Far more. Your friend should be subscribing to e-mail lists about what is going on there.

The world needs people with passion, but your friend is better off using that energy for what he cares about and not for venting his frustration on some schlub that just wants to go fishing. Sorry.

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

so wait, you mean to tell me that there isn't a bridge from cuba to the US? not even to the keys? man... so much for my spring break road trip...

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Maybe you should be telling your friend, Sr. Alonzo to see a psychiatrist, since that seems to be your pattern lately.

He should be focused on his cause instead of sending useless e-mails to people who don't care.

7. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

That is the point, what about september 11th? many people ask, why this thing is hapening to us?

What we are having in Venezuela is the new wave of comunism + terrorism. In the US doesn't mater if people are dying from Aids in Africa, specially when it was a disease that came from the US.

But, if I tell you that Alcaeda is training troops in Venezuela and we are developing chemical weapons under the supervision of Fidel Castro and we are just 2 hours away from Miami?

And it is not only Venezuela, it is happening in Brazil, everything supervized by Fidel Castro.

You may say, then we are gonna send the troops. I may tell you, how the US troops are going to succed in a jungle environment if they are not succeding in a flat desert? where is Osama Bin Laden after all?

We have been protesting for 2 years now, warning the worlrd what is hapening here but the Venezuelan president has oil and he is buying the US government.

Just think waht you would feel if you will have to leave the US because the country is getting communist and you have a dictatorship. Imagine having Don King as a president. What would you be writting if you get to another country and the same thing happend again.

The problem is not if the guy was in the wrong mailing list, the problem was his comentary about "I just do not care because I have to go fishing".

When you teaste so arrogance like that is hard to say "is not fair about September 11th attacks". Actually, meny people say it was horrible but they were looking for it.

This is not about Venezuela, it is about the entire continent.

8. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Woah, woah... let's get the facts straight here. It is well known that AIDS comes from Africa, primarily the primates in West Central Africa. I would suggest you read this article.

I would also suggest you stop reading those conspiracy sites.

Flat desert? Eastern Afghanistan is anything but a flat desert. There are some very high mountain ranges there.

You claim we're ignorant, fine... but making comments like the above just show the ignorance of others.

Everyone complains when the US interfers, and then when we don't they complain that we don't. We can only do so much.

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

don't worry. he is always talking about venezuela and how bad it is. it's been goin on for a while. Some people care, some people don't. but personally, im with the fisherman.

iJon

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If Al Qaida was working on biological weapons and attacked Miami, or Orlando for that matter, would I care? No. (Guess where I live.) Our president will probably end up killing us all before anyone else gets a chance.

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

with all this scary talk going on, now i wish i lived in california. they have the terminator to protect them, i feel so insecure in my state now :)

iJon

12. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

See... but where does it end?

Why are you even posting on this forum? Why aren't you out doing what you can right now?

arn

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Hmm... I don't use gasoline in my car and I don't have a boat. As a matter of fact I pedalled to work today. I plan on building a boat for next summer but it'll be a currach with oars, so no gasoline there either. Oh, and I don't like our oil tycoon president and won't vote for him in the next election.

I know where Venezuela is, I know a little about its history and feel bad about all the strife there recently. I know where Cuba is and know its history too. I sympathise because I'm afraid our leader is as fascist as yours is communist.

Am I allowed to stop feeling guilty now?