death of a reseller...

Discussion in 'Community' started by jasylonian, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jasylonian macrumors regular

I just wanted to take a moment to mourn the loss of what was once an Apple Authorized Reseller in the Sacramento area, Mac Online. While I understand that the service department will reopen in a few weeks, it still pains me to know that these people, who were so committed to promoting Apple Products, were unable to compete after Apple opened a store less than a mile away. Luckily, the reopening of their service department is no small consolation for me since I believe that their level of knowledge and experience is vastly superior to that of the Apple Geniuses (This is no knock on the Apple Geniuses, but more a tribute to the people who have worked for this store). In the past, I have entrusted them with the care of a Mac Plus, a Centris, and a Bronze G3 Powerbook and have found their attention to detail and level of service to be above and beyond the call of duty. I will never forget their kindness and love of Apple products.

2. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

:confused:

</just woke up>

3. applefan macrumors regular

Sad

I bought my first (a white iBook) and third (a 12'' Power Book) Mac there. It was a good store. I feared they wouldn’t last long after Apple opened up the Arden Fair store. Too Bad.

While Arden Fair is a good location for an Apple store, I could never understand why Apple would open a store so close to two established resellers, CompUSA and MacOnline. They had two know they would be putting MacOnline out of business.

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    its always sad when a good store goes under. i share in your moment. although i never went to that store i can understand the loss of your working relationship and repoire with them

5. jasylonian thread starter macrumors regular

what upsets me most about this situation is that i firmly believe that something along these lines occurred:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/02/03/BU197497.DTL

i'm all for competition, but i also believe in fair play. i understand the economic hardships involved in being a company with little market share, but i don't think that justifies what Apple has been doing since the opening of their first Apple Store.