deauthorize computer in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by phatspider, Oct 21, 2005.

1. phatspider macrumors 6502

I have moved all my music across to another computer but when i try and play purchased content it says I have to deauthorize as have more than 5 machines

i only own 3 so can only think that itunes still see's one of my old machines as authorized. how can I sort this out??

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

goto iTunes page and support and e-mail them your user id and ask to deauthorise your account

will be done in less the 24 hours

3. andysmith macrumors 6502

I could have sworn they other day there was a button to deauthorise all computers on the 'your account' page... now it's not there :confused:

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I think the button to deauthorise all computers only appeared when you had the full 5 authorised.

5. osprey76 macrumors 6502

The "Deauthorize Computer" option is in the Advanced menu in iTunes.

I'm not sure if each account on a single computer counts toward your total or not. Seems possible that it might.

6. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

if like me you buy alot of macs and forget to deauthorise then you need to e-mail iTunes support for them to reset your account.

or if you do remember then advance and deauthorise computer is all that is needed

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

No you don't... the above mentioned deauthorize all sould be sufficient... :)

8. sreedy macrumors 6502a

Yes but that seems to have gone..... just checked my own account.... but I only have 1 authorized..... maybe as mentioned before it only becomes active when you have all 5 authorized.

EDIT: Might help if I actually follow the link Mitthrawnuruodo so helpfully gave us and then read the Apple Article!!!

9. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

another way which works for me is to advanced>deauthorize computer 5 times.