Deauthorized iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by misterman8, Jan 25, 2006.

1. misterman8 macrumors member

while trying to update my iPod I am continueing to get a message stating:

"Some of the songs in the iTunes music library, including the song "God Moves the Water", were not copied to the iPod "Imagine" because you are not authorized them to play them on this computer.​

It also has taken off about 1/8th of my iPod library. The only thing I have done since the last sync is change some playlists around and selected a few of my recently added tracks to be sent to the iPod. I have tried the old five R's, with no luck. The Blind Willie Johnson track it names was recently bought throught the iTunes store and the rest of the tracks it deleted off of my iPod have all been added in the last month or two, either by legal rip from CD or through iTunes. I only have two computers authorized to use my account and one of them is 6000 miles away and hasn't been turned on in 6 months. Can anyone help me?

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

If its iTunes that is telling you that you're not authorized, its not the iPod. I've never experienced that. The only thing i think it could be would be that you purchesed it on your other computer (btw. where is it that it is 6000 miles away), OR you purchesed it on a different account then the rest of the songs. I don't know. It seems like a very localized problem.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Been looking trough Apple Support, and one of the things they suggest is, surprise, surprise, to Repair Permissions :))).

Do you have both the latest iTunes and iPod firmware?

Also resetting or even restoring the iPod comes up on Apple support, but nothing that directly corresponds tou your problem...

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

5. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

You need to request all of your music to be deauthorized from Apple's iTunes Music Store support site. This is most likely do to the fact that you have more than 5 computers autorized to play your music. It will take a couple days for Apple to put this request through, then you simply have to authorize the computers you want to play the music by double clicking one of the songs you purchased and typing in your password.

This happened to me before because I had some issues with the Rev. A iMac G5 being sent back a couple of times, coming back to me with a new logic board, so it was essentially a new computer. Well, Apple never deauthorized the old ones, so I had to make this request.

Only good thing that came out of all of that is I now have a Rev. C iMac G5 :)

6. misterman8 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. I had already tried repairing the permisions, had updated firmware and itunes back when they came out, and like I said I only had two authorized computers. But the reauthoriziation "kick in the pants" worked, though it seemed more like a "punch in the throat" to me. It was weird though b/c it had "deathourized" music that had been uploaded off of CD's I own, and I could still play them in iTunes just not on my iPod. Sometimes I swear these things have amind of their own. My iPod will more or less let me play what I want and thats all that matters. Anyway thanks for the suggestions.