Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonics

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
ok so ive used up all my authorization accounts ...

1st - Desktop at home
2nd - My Laptop (SP2)
3rd - Sisters Laptop
4th - Friends Computer
5th - My Laptop (SP2)
*6th - My Laptop (SP3) ?????

now the problem im having is that #2 i authorized using Windows XP SP2.... i then managed to download a virus and decided to do a clean sweep and format and reinstall SP2 ...once installed i downloaded and installed iTunes, authorized my phone and all was great BUT just then i found SP3 and i wanted it....so i uninstalled SP2 AGAIN and installed SP3... but i forgot to deauthorize the iphone before uninstalling SP2... now itunes wont let me authorize to SP3 on the same laptop as before...

is there anyway to deauthorize all computers and start fresh??? my sister is gone to away to school so i dont use her laptop anymore, my buddy (co worker) too a different shift so i dont see him anymore.. SP2 i no longer have.. HELP Please!!

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
ok so ive used up all my authorization accounts ...

1st - Desktop at home
2nd - My Laptop (SP2)
3rd - Sisters Laptop
4th - Friends Computer
5th - My Laptop (SP2)
*6th - My Laptop (SP3) ?????

now the problem im having is that #2 i authorized using Windows XP SP2.... i then managed to download a virus and decided to do a clean sweep and format and reinstall SP2 ...once installed i downloaded and installed iTunes, authorized my phone and all was great BUT just then i found SP3 and i wanted it....so i uninstalled SP2 AGAIN and installed SP3... but i forgot to deauthorize the iphone before uninstalling SP2... now itunes wont let me authorize to SP3 on the same laptop as before...

is there anyway to deauthorize all computers and start fresh??? my sister is gone to away to school so i dont use her laptop anymore, my buddy (co worker) too a different shift so i dont see him anymore.. SP2 i no longer have.. HELP Please!!

Yes. If you have all 5 allotted computers authorized with your iTunes account, there should be a "Deauthorize All" option available to you when you look at your account details online. You may do that once every 12 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.