Deauthorizing busted computers

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Shacklebolt, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Shacklebolt macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

Okay, two of my old powerbooks (or okay, the same powerbook twice), when being repaired by apple, had their hard drives erased before I could deauthorize them. As it is, I am currently at my maximum 5 authorized computers, even though there are only actually 3 authorized computers, and the other two are... well, they're wherever they are. I was told that there was someone at apple I could contact about getting those two accounts back. Does anyone know how to do that?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's in your iTunes account settings somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific.

3. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

This kind of answers it:

4. Shacklebolt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

5. Buttercookie macrumors member

I followed the directions and I'm not getting the option to deauthorize all computers only the current one. I did that hoping it would deauthorize all but it didn't. I have 4 computers authorized and only 1 is operational.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I believe that it only works once you have five computers authorised.

7. Buttercookie macrumors member

Thanks for the quick reply. I work midnights and I guess I was so tired this morning when I got home that I neglected to read that. I'm new to a mac and found this forumn. I looked around and liked what I saw so I figured I'd post my issue. Again thanks.