Deauthorizing iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caitlyn, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Hi guys.
    Alright, so a little bit of an issue. iTunes just reminded me that I have 5 out of my 5 computers authorized to use my music. I have some in the house that I can deauthorize, but one issue that I just remembered is that my iBook was one of those five which some of you may know I sold this past July. I wiped the hard drive, but it is still considered authorized. Now that it's gone, is there ANY way of deauthorizing it or am I stuck with one extra computer on my account forever?

Thanks for any help/input.
    -Caitlyn :)

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You can deauthorize by going to your Account in iTunes and selecting the option "De-Authorize all"

3. Caitlyn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet. Now I can just manually re-add my MacBook. :) Thanks a ton!

4. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

From the dead to avoid starting a new one. I can't find the deauthorize all button. I go into my account but I don't see it anywhere....

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The button only appears if you have used all five of your authorizations. Have you?

6. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

No I do not.... Crap. There are 2 computers I sold and forgot to deauthorize... I have 4 out of 5. Would an honest person mind authorizing one for me?

7. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Sure, I'll do it. Just PM me your username and password.

edit: you might also be able to just call apple customer service. I think that's the way you used to *have* to deauthorize.