Deauthorizing iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caitlyn, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2005
    Hi guys.
    Alright, so a little bit of an issue. iTunes just reminded me that I have 5 out of my 5 computers authorized to use my music. I have some in the house that I can deauthorize, but one issue that I just remembered is that my iBook was one of those five which some of you may know I sold this past July. I wiped the hard drive, but it is still considered authorized. Now that it's gone, is there ANY way of deauthorizing it or am I stuck with one extra computer on my account forever?

Thanks for any help/input.
    -Caitlyn :)
  2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    You can deauthorize by going to your Account in iTunes and selecting the option "De-Authorize all"
  3. Caitlyn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2005
    Sweet. Now I can just manually re-add my MacBook. :) Thanks a ton!
  4. suneohair macrumors 68020

Aug 27, 2006
    From the dead to avoid starting a new one. I can't find the deauthorize all button. I go into my account but I don't see it anywhere....
  5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    The button only appears if you have used all five of your authorizations. Have you?
  6. suneohair macrumors 68020

Aug 27, 2006
    No I do not.... Crap. There are 2 computers I sold and forgot to deauthorize... I have 4 out of 5. Would an honest person mind authorizing one for me?
  7. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Sure, I'll do it. Just PM me your username and password.

edit: you might also be able to just call apple customer service. I think that's the way you used to *have* to deauthorize.