debkafile: saddam not hiding, but was held captive

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 15, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

i don't put a lot of stock in this, but it's an interesting theory...

2. g5man macrumors newbie

I don't buy this article at all.

First of all Saddam had a gun with him and $750K. I doubt he was a prisoner. Now in one sense he was one simply because he no longer had the freedom to move like he did prior to the war and he had to rely on others for info with no way to verify if they were telling the truth. His condition indicates the state of his followers and their anti-American movement.

The issue of the $25 million reward was settled since the info regarding his location was obtained through the capture and interogation of one of his associates. He did not come forward voluntarily with the info.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Is this from the black-helicopters-hovering-overhead file?

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

actually, the debka guys are some pretty right-wing israelis.

they've got the occasional crazy theory, but sometimes they're in the know about something days before it shows up in the US media.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well if there is any truth to it, it wouldn't stay secret for long. Specially since I'm assuming Saddam intends to hire some pretty top-drawer lawyers to defend him. Once he gets access to them of course.

Unless the election was a week away, I wouldn't put much faith in this theory.

Edit: Hey, I wonder if Mark Geragos could use a new despicable client!