December MacUpdate Software Bundle Sale [11th App Added]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 10, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

MacRumors has partnered with MacUpdate to promote their latest Mac application bundle. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors.com financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

The latest bundle delivers up to 10 Mac applications for $49.99 ($646.75 if bought separately) and are detailed here:

Forklift - file manager, FTP client
    RapidWeaver - web design software
    SwiftPublisher - desktop publishing and layout
    Marine Aquarium - virtual aquarium
    Xslimmer - save space by reducing application file sizes
    MemoryMiner - digital storytelling application
    Yep - "iPhoto for your PDFs"
    XMIND 2008 Pro - brainstorming, mind mapping
    iStabilize - software video stabilizer, remove shaky motion from your videos
    PulpMotion* - create fun animations

As is typical in these time-limited bundles, several applications are held back as "locked" applications which are not part of the bundle until enough sales are generated. At this time, only PulpMotion remains locked until 5000 total sales are generated, at which time all 10 applications are available for everyone who has purchased the bundle. Total value of all 10 applications together is $646.75, and can be purchased for $49.99 today.

update: 11th app added. iWow 2 - $19.99 value.

Article Link

2. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I liked the last one a lot more.

Tech Tool Pro anyone? :D

3. macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

RapidWeaver seems to be quite cabable.
    XMIND is recycling the Eclipse workbench and is quite slow to start, but I was looking for a Mindmap application anyway. It can have more than one central topic on a sheet (something I need).
    iStabilize is something that can come in handy every so often. I used to rescue some very bad footage on my PC...

So, I will by this package - since it is only 50$...

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors 6502a

I'm wondering if the licenses are transferable. I own a few of the titles already and would want to sell the license to those individually. What are peoples take on this?

6. macrumors 6502a

the worst bundle ive ever seen. arn, you should have backed www.macheist.com!

7. macrumors 6502a

kresh

I disagree. I think that Give Good Food To Your Mac was the worst bundle. There were so many complaints about the serials not working.

I purchased the current bundle from MacUpdate mentioned in this article and am very glad I did so!

Although I must say that I recieved my serial to OverFlow (Totally Free!) today from the current MacHeist and am starting to get excited about MacHeist.

8. macrumors 68020

sunfast

I don't think it's too shabby. As I posted in another thread, I was going to buy rapidweaver anyway so for essentially the same money I got some free stuff thrown in. I quite like ForkLift for FTP (and app delete - wasn't expecting that!) and XSlimmer is pretty cool too - saved me nearly 2 gigs anyway :)

9. macrumors regular

Having trouble

Well, I bought it and XMind is not accepting the serial number it gave me. And, the site now seems to be down. Thanks for nothing guys. I want my money back.

10. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

can't get the link to the "macrumors promo" work...

11. macrumors 68030

Analog Kid

Wow, Marine Aquarium hasn't been updated since Panther?

12. ATG
    macrumors regular

I've got overflow and wiretap pro free from MacHeist. Granted, I already had overflow, but I can really use wiretap.

There's only 1, maybe two apps I'd actually bother downloading from that MacUpdate deal.

13. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Firstly, the reported "value" of this bundle is too high. If you go to the XMind website to buy it, the "pro" version now sells for $129, not $299. Some of the other prices are inaccurate as well. I'm not saying it's a bad bundle. It's a very good bundle, and I'm interested in buying it. However, the advertised value of the bundle is a bit misleading.

I don't really "get" XMind. Is it just a fancy way of taking a central theme/idea, and placing arrows towards other ideas that fall into this category? If it is, I don't understand why it costs so much. :confused:

I want Yep, and I think I want Rapidweaver. If I never make a webpage, then it's useless. I'm going to have to give this bundle some more thought. I may head over to Give Good Food To Your Mac and get some other programs instead......ones that I really want. No point bundling 9 apps together if I don't want 5-6 of them.

14. macrumors newbie

15. macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah Tech Tool Pro would be nice.

16. macrumors regular

Bought it... I like rapidweaver. It's the same price at it's own website.

But my favorite FTP is not free anymore(Transmit), so I guess I'd rather try out Forklift. Cyberduck just isn't stable enough.

I probably won't even use the other 8 apps!!!

I guess for me it was a 2 for 1!:rolleyes:

17. macrumors 6502a

itickings

Thanks for the link. I had planned to buy Cheetah3D for a while, and that seems like a reasonable offer. Not sure I'll end up really saving money though :p

18. macrumors 65816

Transmit is really worth the money though - it's fantastic. I'm in love with it because it's scriptable (and comes with some handy automator workflows as well)... I've been able to make some pretty handy apps for my computer because of it...

19. macrumors 6502

I bought it for RapidWeaver. I'm hoping I get $15 of value from the rest.

20. macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I purchased this package last week. I must say I all the programs are new to me so its not like I'm overlapping on anything but of all of them I find Yep the most useful being I have a great deal of ebooks and manuals on my computer. Nice to get to them in one place. I'm also having fun setting up as I found things I didn't even remember I had.

21. macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Just bought the bundle yesterday. I'm absolutely loving ForkLift. It's a great alternative to Transmit, especially since it also has extra features like an application deleter, Amazon S3 compatibility, and even the ability to connect to Bluetooth devices. Xslimmer is also a really nice application for those with limited space on their Time Machine backup drives such as myself.

22. macrumors 6502

"G5 Powerbooks next Tuesday!"

That's my favourite rumor

For rumors look for the blue "?" featured in the articles of the front page.

23. macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i bought it for rapid weaver and for YEP. both great apps and well worth the $50. i don't understand the high number of negative ratings. the fact that one doesn't need the apps in there doesn't make the bundle bad.:confused: in the last bundle i didn't want the tech tools, never need them and everybody was excited about them.

24. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I think it's that there's a large number of people (myself included) who would only buy the bundle for one, two, or maybe three programs. I wouldn't buy this, as there's nothing I need.

25. macrumors member

Apple could send out a $2,000,000.00 rebate to everyone that ever bought an apple product and the story would still get negative ratings. There are people here who are never, ever satisfied.